What was your 1st chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Mine was a husky 41.......hope I never have to run one that small again! What about the rest of you?

First chainsaw was a Wen Hornet electric. Later, I got a Stihl 032av and a Homelite SXL-925 at a yard sale at the same time. Those were my first gas saws. That's probably about 11 years ago now.

I inherited a 7-21 homelite from my grandfather when I was 22(39 years ago), I first ran the saw at 13 years of age. The saw had a 24 inch bow bar and a 26 inch staight bar that shared the same chain, a popular combo around here.

Poulan Timbermaster 3600 64 cc and 20 inch bar
Was a bloody ripper til I cracked the side housing using a socket and ratchet instead of the correct spanner.
Purchased in 97 or 98

Stihl 024 AV Wood Boss purchased new in 1990; have passed it on to my son and it's still running strong.

This old Mall that I bought at an auction for $5.00 back in the 1970's. Fellow offered me $10.00 before I left the sale, but I decided to keep it and still have today.

Oldchainsaws005.jpg

Oldchainsaws003.jpg

Husky 254 ... 1986 ..$400 w/bar & safety chaps ... factory Rep.was at the dealer & said it was one of Huskys highest reving saws ...

Husky 254, great saws I still use mine, not a lot these days but it works just as good as it did all them years ago. Money well spent I reckon:msp_thumbsup:

A little crappy mac,,it was a "late' model saw, i'd guess late 80's/early 90's model ?? I think it was bought new as a re-manufactured about that time..from a 'Big Lots" store. I was brand new to saws and it did not leave a good impression. One winter of cutting with it and I bought a new Jonsered the following winter which was a little bit bigger.

I inherited my family's Mac. It is a pro mac 10-10 automatic with a 16-inch bar. Hasn't been used too much. Unfortunately I don't get a chance to use it around here very much, but at least I took it from non-running to running pretty well lol. Maybe someday I'll live somewhere with trees. That's the hope anyways. Then I can get a bigger saw!

Latest posts

Back