What was your 1st chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1959 7-19c

My 1st one is a 1959 Homelite 7-19C.
I got it in 1977 when both of us were 18 years old. I still have it and it runs great, time is flying by, we are both 53 this year!!!

We have added another 152 to the collection over the years.

Don

My very first chain saw ??????????

A Poulan Wild Thing, of course. It was dirt cheap at Wal Mart (like $79). Ran the snot outta that little sucker for 4 or 5 years. Oiler pump finally gave up the ghost. I got my money's worth out of that thing 10 times over.

Don <><

attachment.php

First saw I bought was a Stihl 051AVE. Great starter saw, over 160 psi cold and no decomp, along with the starter rope that was 8 inches too short :laugh:

A Poulan Wild Thing, of course. It was dirt cheap at Wal Mart (like $79). Ran the snot outta that little sucker for 4 or 5 years. Oiler pump finally gave up the ghost. I got my money's worth out of that thing 10 times over.

Don <><

attachment.php

Hey, someone cheated - there be some square trees in that load ! They don't count !

I'm a newb....first saw is a 455 Rancher. Can cut anything...just takes more time than a pro saw. Can't wait till they come out with a 54mm big bore kit :)

My dad's 031, and my grandfathers 056 were the first saws I had much experience with. I still enjoy them both, and wont ever part with them.

I got a used MS260. The previous owner didn't know the chain brake was tripped so I bought it to 'fix it up'. I was ecstatic when I got it running by releasing the chain brake. I started doing a little research on this site and needed a username to see the good stuff. I was still riding the emotional high of the saw purchase when I picked my username...

I got a used MS260. The previous owner didn't know the chain brake was tripped so I bought it to 'fix it up'. I was ecstatic when I got it running by releasing the chain brake.

I get a chuckle and a shiver every time I read a story like that. A guy who can't figure out something as basic as a chain brake has no business running a saw.

Notwithstanding that you probably prevented a future ER case from happening, congrats on scoring a heck of a deal that you probably got on that 260.

My first saw was a 041, I bought it a couple years ago. Not sure what year it is but old enough that it only has 7 numbers in the serial#. Found AS now also have a 441, 192, and am pineing for a 460!! Oh yes, it will be mine!:msp_smile:

I ran my dad's 266XP for my first six years of logging, then I bought my 268XP. The 266 is still running. The 268 is in good shape mechanically, but several parts have disappeared. I may just get that one running again someday...

An early '90s vintage poulan 2300cva. Still have it, recently went through it and it runs like a champ. I just love the way it sounds.

031 av

First would be a sthil 031 AV along with a homelite 360 . Cut many cords with both the saws, great saws both of them.

First saw was a Partner 500. Don't remember what I paid, didn't cut any wood with it (I was 12 or 13) didn't know what I had, didn't know how to work on saws, didn't have it long and sold it :bang:. Picked up a nearly new 1992 Husqvarna 254xp in 1994 from a fellow who had 3 saws for sale. The 254 was the only saw out of the 3 that was marked XP which caught my eye so I bought it. Dad:msp_smile: said I was crazy for blowing $200.00 on a used saw. For years he was quiet when we were cutting side by side and his 1983 Husqvarna 61 was neck and neck with the 254xp. I remember him asking to run the 254xp one time, he said it was a nice saw but he still liked his better. Makes me smile thinking back.

Both saws run 20" 3/8 bars. The Husqvarna 61 stays home most of the time these days...........

husqvarna254xp001.jpg

Back