What Was Your First Job In The Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then shortly after I ended up at an Indian camp drunk and was threatened to be hung, but by then I'd forgot what fear was.
I woke up the next morning with a native women poking me in the ribs with a stick demanding that I split firewood.
"That axe is at the front door and the wood is out the back door!"
It was a curse they put upon me which I cant shake after some 33 years.
Oh, there it is you stupid bastardizing tramp. Lol

Smoke Jumper in Colorado. Before that was running out to pick up the game we'd shoot before I was old enough to hunt.

Your first job was as a smoke jumper out of Colorado? I was not aware of any SJ bases in Colorado.

But my first 'job' was berry picking in summer in Oregon. 50 cents a crate for strawberries, boysenberries and raspberries. I as 12.

Your first job was as a smoke jumper out of Colorado? I was not aware of any SJ bases in Colorado.

But my first 'job' was berry picking in summer in Oregon. 50 cents a crate for strawberries, boysenberries and raspberries. I as 12.
Funny you of all people couldn't smell the Ponz.

Ah, it seems that The Ponz has been sent to the tallow factory be skinned and rendered down for fat.

Funny, of all the states to choose to be a smoke jumper in the west, CO is one of the few that does not have a base. Typical ape though, close but no cigar. Maybe he will be a hotshot in his next incarnation? Sad though, comparing this turd to the guys that actually put out wild fires. This farce of a fraud should be put on a fire line for a day and see what it is like. Of course he is a psychopath and likely a sociopath as well, so he would never really comprehend anything in the real world. He must keep the shrinks busy.

I started in 1986 (age 16) working for a local land surveyor who specialized in remote land surveys in Alaska. I was basically handed a saw and told not to hurt myself. I worked in the job for over 8 years all over Alaska, from places with giant trees like SE Alaska to places with not trees at all above the Arctic Circle. My favorite year (age 18) when I was hired purely as a cutter (as we called guys that cleared the lines). In four months I cut 70 miles of line. When I wasn't cutting line I was digging holes for corner monuments. Lots of hiking, lots of load carrying. I loved it.

So anyway, I made it out of Indian Country, not because I wanted to, but because I had to.
After I ran out of Whiteman's grub, I was getting pretty hungry so I ate beaver fried in bear fat and became quite sick.
I had stafflococus, like the flesh eating disease. So I flagged a plane down with an SOS. The natives were finaly rid of me!
Story to be Cont'd.

They didn't for some unknown reason. Looking back, maybe they thought I'd be good breeding stock. How nave I was way back then. Lol

Back