What was your lastest Goof Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
egg whites? sorry, pure hogwash. maybe slightly better than butter because it's less insulative but, no, nothing magical in the proteins of the egg white.

about the only thing egg whites would possibly contribute would be a little bit of an occlusive dressing to prevent contamination but (at least) 3% of commercially produced raw eggs contain salmonella so thumbs down for that one as well. burned skin is a great culturing medium.

cool the burn with water if it's a small areas first degree burn. don't use ice. silvadene cream is the gold standard for burns. everyone should get a script from their doctor and keep a tin in the kitchen. i burned two fingers changing brakes on the race car a while back and tested it out - silvadene-treated finger didn't blister.

I make my own colloidal silver solution at home, and use it with aloe juice from our plants for topical dressings. Works pretty good and is cheap.

I took the dogs with me to the saw shop. It was a hot day and I left them in the truck with the truck running so they could have the A/C and not cook. When I came back out they had managed to lock me out. So I got to sit there for a half hour waiting for the wife....

Well, I ran over my cell phone with the tractor Friday. I'm on the phone while trying to hook a plow up. I get off the phone and lay it on the tire like a dummy. I had grease all over my hands so I didnt want to handle it to put it in the case yet.
I got to heading out the road and it hit me. Lol, I went back to find a smashed phone.

Bad thing is, I did the same thing last year while hooking up the hay mower. :msp_wink:

I don't know how you could do such a silly thing! :laugh:

I did it with my reading glasses! I was working on my wood splitter and put the glasses on the tire.......time came to move the splitter! :bang: LoL! I was able to straighten them out!

Well, I ran over my cell phone with the tractor Friday. I'm on the phone while trying to hook a plow up. I get off the phone and lay it on the tire like a dummy. I had grease all over my hands so I didnt want to handle it to put it in the case yet.
I got to heading out the road and it hit me. Lol, I went back to find a smashed phone.

Bad thing is, I did the same thing last year while hooking up the hay mower. :msp_wink:

Haaaaa, been down that road ! One time years ago I was leaving a little lake after fishing. I had just gotten everything settled and tied down, and drove up a 30 degree hill about 200 yards long, and off home I went. Got home, and couldn't find my keys..... FXXK !!!! I had left them on the back bumper near the hitch ball ! Backtracked all the way to the lake, about 20 miles an hour (15 miles...) looking at the ground all the way, and home again.....TWICE, because I never spotted them the first time. Then it occurred to me... I got out of the truck, went back and looked, and there they were, right on the bumper where I put them !

Saw related ? Bought a brand-new 435 Husky a couple of weeks ago, went out cutting firewood, and on the 2nd day's cutting it seized up. I quickly found out that I was to use premium gas and oem mixing oil from that point on .......

I'm intimately familiar with my kartsaw, yet I have a mental block on the kill-switch lead. 13 bolts forward, 13 bolts backward, 13 bolts forward again. Duh! Fast as "Cookie Monster" is, that red switch is very important. 1/2 hour every time I forget...

Haaaaa, been down that road ! One time years ago I was leaving a little lake after fishing. I had just gotten everything settled and tied down, and drove up a 30 degree hill about 200 yards long, and off home I went. Got home, and couldn't find my keys..... FXXK !!!! I had left them on the back bumper near the hitch ball ! Backtracked all the way to the lake, about 20 miles an hour (15 miles...) looking at the ground all the way, and home again.....TWICE, because I never spotted them the first time. Then it occurred to me... I got out of the truck, went back and looked, and there they were, right on the bumper where I put them !

Saw related ? Bought a brand-new 435 Husky a couple of weeks ago, went out cutting firewood, and on the 2nd day's cutting it seized up. I quickly found out that I was to use premium gas and oem mixing oil from that point on .......

I don't pay much attention to the mix ratios the saw companies want you to use, I run mine a little richer. Sometimes I think they want you to seize them up so they can sell you another saw. I also try to run them slightly richer on the air/fuel ratio also. With synthetic oils it's better because you won't gum up the exhaust like regular oil.

Last edited:
I don't know how you could do such a silly thing! :laugh:

I did it with my reading glasses! I was working on my wood splitter and put the glasses on the tire.......time came to move the splitter! :bang: LoL! I was able to straighten them out!

Speaking of misplacing...I was splitting/stacking. Couple hours later I realized I didn't have my glasses. Recalled I had taken them off to do something on the splitter. Yep, layed them on the rick I was building and finished that rick and most of another. Fortunately I had two pair so I just kissed that pair goodby. Nope. Found them the next year when I filled the woodshed.

Also full set of pickup/house/garage keys. I was digging and setting RR ties...Looked everywhere. Never found and I suspect the tie I was working on is setting on top of them.

Harry K

Last Thursday it was 81 out and I decided to clean all the carpets and floor mats on my vehicles with my fancy hot water extractor, I get all proud of myself and do a fine job but set my floor mats on the roof of my truck to dry, next day I leave to run errands and coming home I see my mats on the county road, complete with dirty tire tracks...guess I'll be cleaning them again when the weather warms up.

Almost every single time I put he Super 2 back together I forget to put the throttle rod back on. And I usually find out after the bar and chain are back on.

Using the rings that came with a aftermarket P/C, only 130 psi after a few heat cycles :msp_sad:
From now on I'm only using Caber rings.

Latest posts

Back