What we need is..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93_ChargedCobra

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I dunno if this is the right forum for this or not but, you know what this sight needs is like an esay to find library of different cutting techniques and when and why you would use them. A good video library would be even better, but at minimum a description and some drawings.

This has probably already been brought up before but I thought Id throw it out if it hasnt been brought up.

good one

Excellent idea, people here often give advice on falling that is just not kosher, against regulations and so on, this material should be approved by a pro faller first. Arborists and weekend warriors need the help, very important, might save some bodies life.

I mean guys have GTG's all the time, that would be a good time to get some knowledgable heads together and record a few good techniques either on video or snap a few pics.

I mean even if you didnt want to fall a tree you could snap a pic and say in this situation you should do this, and just use a smaller log or something that was already down to make an example of the cuts. Also tell what you should look out for.

That's a good idea, the only fly in the ointment I can see is that falling techniques vary considerably based upon georgraphic location, timber size and type, as well as the faller who is falling the tree. What works in one area may work in another area, but isn't necessarily the customary procedure there. Other stuff that works in one area may not work at all in another. Most of the basic procedures are similar, but the exact application can vary from tree to tree, and region to region.

Back