What Would It Be Like If We Were All In A Logging Camp Together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy, this logging camp is beginning to sound like a lot of hard work. Maybe I'll need that shingle after all and a Do Not Disturb sign. Those poke games ... I mean consultations take a lot of time and concentration, or so I hear.

Ron

I'm with you. Maybe I'll open up a laundramat, liquor store, and bakery on the outskirts. A pot store too.

Northman you said you are a wrench so I bought you a tool set today. it was raining at the flea market so there were only a few sellers but I got the essentials. You now have a sledge hammer, pipe wrench, A Ford wrench, crow bar, and a claw hammer with 1 claw busted off. Oh and an old file. BTW thanks for offering to work on Bob's airplane.

Gypo agreed to put a donut fryer in his bar. He went down to Chainsaw to ask what oil he should use in the fryer and I haven't seen him since then. Could somebody run down there and check on him. We don't want to lose the boss before we start. John I got you a 55 gallon drum of that dark brown Forest Service paint. You know, that same stuff the Donetto's people use to coat their donuts. Be careful with it though, it's flammable and toxic until it dries. There is also a good supply of Scandahoovian candles out by the fire pit. Those are slowp's. Don't ask.

RJ are you sure you want to join us? It's OK I guess. Have your PO call with your restrictions.

RandyMac will be handling the environmentally conscious harvesting side. He has a McCulloch 895 with a 4' bar and a D8 with a winch and arch. Should work out fine.

Patty the dealer was out of pickups but Buddy's Used Cars was open so now you have a really nice low mileage Cadillac Escalade with spinners. Buddy said the gold and pink paint job should hold really well in the woods. I had him add a remote control paint gun turret on the front bumper so you won't have to get out of the car. The radio dial is JB welded to the local country station. If you try to tune to NPR, OnStar is authorized to shut off the engine.

Humptulips is our new PR man. Nuff said.

The food will be better than you think BTW. I just bought the cookbook "99 Ways to Cook Bear". Uhhmm! Bear on toast with onions. Creamed bear with onions. Bear soup...you know.

Ok, so we are good for a few days. Keep building the team. Gypo has a deadline, ya know, a season just like Axe Men. I will be gone for a few days. I may be home Tuesday but more likely Wednesday. Going to the Sierras to see Cody. Take care everyone.

And, don't shoot Northman.

I really need a claw hammer with one tine broke off.

Pretty much got everything else covered, lots of ford wrenchs, and I use a splitting maul instead of a sledge hammer, dual purpose you know.

Wheres this plane at I think it needs an oil change... and maybe some mods to the controls, make it more maneuverable...

So took the War Dept out for breakfast, on the way back what do ya know

A BEAR!

Just chooglin across the road about a mile from the house.

He wasn't wearing a tin hat so I thought about making stew, but alas he as too quick and vanished into the underbrush before I could get my tommy hawk out

Back