What Would It Be Like If We Were All In A Logging Camp Together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious question. I spent the morning bucking and skidding a giant flood-felled red oak. Every time I stop to unhook, the hook is under the log, or wedged against something heavy. Do the winches y'all have on u'r real skidders keep this from happening, or is that just part of the joy of chokers?

Sometimes I'll work on the stuck choker last, then repeatedly winch and drop the offending log. If that doesn't work I'll buck off the butt end if it's a lower grade. If your chokers aren't pinned you can just bunt it with the Dozer blade.

Well, in the land of massive overkill, you'll need a purchaser rep and a field rep. We Foresters:drinkingcoffee: need an OFFICIAL person to discuss such things with. I agree on the shortage of the rigging and yarding crew. Maybe some mideasterners want to come out and learn about steep ground and butt sliding.

I'd like a little refrigerator in that pickup, and some 12 volt boot dryers.
There was a time not long ago when the FS sent out chunk inspectors. These some how morphed into Sales Administrators. I see they are now calling themselves Foresters:buttkick: Coolers, boot dryers, next you'll need an assistant to bring you coffee :drinkingcoffee:

I think I can speak for the riggin' crew. All they want are straight chokers and lift mabe a little fried chicken sent out on the riggin' at lunch and of course a case of beer in the culvert at quitting time. Oh yea, a draw every Friday.

Maybe. The Tree Coder seemed to me to splat more paint, so we can say it is more "liberal" with paint and would therefore be elite.

There are three different nozzles for the Nelson. One sprays a wide fan, one a fat stream, and one kind of in between. The newer guns have a longer trigger and don't need the can adapter, so they're smaller and don't wear your hand out as fast.

Latest posts

Back