What Would It Be Like If We Were All In A Logging Camp Together?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk about foresters (all small case lettering):buttkick:brings up an important job you are leaving out "foreman":bowdown:. Now one might think this is the guy that runs things. Not so, The most important job of a foreman is to meet the Sales administrator as soon as they drive up, then steer them away from anything that might upset them. Usually this is done by asking if they will take a look at something down the road like a culvert or possible danger trees. It is all good, they end the day happy because they spay painted a few trees, everybody keeps working and anything else won't seem so important tomorrow:dancing:.

Exactly right. :yes:

Well, in the land of massive overkill, you'll need a purchaser rep and a field rep. We Foresters:drinkingcoffee: need an OFFICIAL person to discuss such things with. I agree on the shortage of the rigging and yarding crew. Maybe some mideasterners want to come out and learn about steep ground and butt sliding.

I'd like a little refrigerator in that pickup, and some 12 volt boot dryers.

Treecoders? Gross. Nelson or nothin'!

gfs4520.jpg

Nelsons are wimpy woosie fairy bedwetter squirt guns. Treecoders are powerful and easy for us mechanically challenged people to take apart and put back together without too much thought.

I can just picture this crew at the end of a tough day sitting around a fire like the scene from Blazing Saddles. Just wondering who gets the role of Mongo?

hmm, most the young dudes have cut out of here...........crap we gonna be in the rigging............mah knee hurts already

Hel who's gonna run the yarder?

Only the old farts around here know the whistle signals. I could probably fake em til I figure it out... get one of those quarter back cheat sheets on my wrist.

Should work....

Don't shoot Northman...okay, got it. Only large hairy animals that aren't wearing Mac Ts will be targeted.

As alternate targets how 'bout people from Iowa?

Slowp, that new pickups with all the antennas, cushy seats, satelite radio and multiple cup holders have already been taken. There were four of them. Three went to 'ologists because since they never go to the woods the pickups will stay new looking longer. Some old guy got the fourth one. Seniority ya know. :laugh:
can get off of it,,can you???? go back in your hole

Hel who's gonna run the yarder?

Only the old farts around here know the whistle signals. I could probably fake em til I figure it out... get one of those quarter back cheat sheets on my wrist.

Should work....

Hearing is usually gone or going before you can join the OF club. I'm glad that I'll be back in camp playing poker when the yarder is running unless Slowp can park her truck in a safe vantage point to watch the hilarity; assuming of course that the tailgate is functional and an invite made. Ron

I spose if you can send mochas and chocolate down on the rigging, I could lower myself to choker setting. It is like yoga. I took pity on a short a couple people outfit and hooked the logs he told me to. I had been sore when I walked down there but it loosened everything up. Just give me lots of time to get in the clear before you send the turn in. And please clear a nice trail out for the end of the day. Maybe some lawn chairs spaced at intervals if the walk out is uphill.

Not yarder engineer qualified because I tipped over the toy yarder at one of those logging systems training things. If it is one of the old style yarders, I tend to get a butt cramp when climbing up into the monster.

My neighbor showed me how to unhook logs without getting my teeth knocked out. So I guess I am chaser qualified too, cept I don't fish anymore.

Hearing is usually gone or going before you can join the OF club. I'm glad that I'll be back in camp playing poker when the yarder is running unless Slowp can park her truck in a safe vantage point to watch the hilarity; assuming of course that the tailgate is functional and an invite made. Ron

Ron, please don't lose your shingle. Matter of fact, you might want to bring it with you. The way this crew is shaping up we'll probably be needing your expertise.
Also, we can put you to work reading contracts and THPs...looking for loopholes.:laugh:

I bet they'd do a really nice loading job to accommodate him.

OH YEAH! As in side heavy, end heavy, short bunked in front so he'd have to rig a strip chain, enough holes in the load to chase a dog through, and cull bunk logs so that half way to the pavement he'd be stopping to throw false bunk rigging, and a spot in the lineup that guarantees he'll load last every morning.
Yup, that can be arranged. Gladly.

Latest posts

Back