what would you have charged

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pine fell & swap $$

$400.00 full price no honored citizen discouont
$150.00 Special honored citizen discouont
cheers mate

$400.00 full price no honored citizen discouont
$150.00 Special honored citizen discouont
cheers mate
decided to start taking some job offers but dont know what to charge people.got 1 more to go to the right of the garage.need to make some extra money to buy more saws:cheers: !

eventually you will figure out how much time a tree should take.

i charge based on time for two guys and if i have to chip,on site or haul the chips away.and if i have to haul the logs.

So many ways to skin a cat

Drop tree: Pickup + chainsaw + operator= $100.00, if within 10 miles. Same distance with 1 dumptruck +brush chipper + 1 employee, add $200.00. Bring in another dumptruck + driver + loader to haul the logs, add $150.00. One more pick up truck + driver + stump grinder, at least $100.00 more, unless stump is cleaned up and topsoil backfilled in the stump cavity, then add another $50.00. Welcome back caveman, missed yer pretty face.

$75 to flop and take what I want.

$100 to flop, flush-cut the stump, and walk away.

$150 to flop, flush-cut the stump, block up the trunk to customer specified lengths, and then walk away.

$250 to flop, flush-cut the stump, haul out the trunk and bigger pieces of the top. This assumes that the worksite is nearby and I can get all of it in two trailer loads and that the wood is at least somewhat useful to me, which means no willow or ailanthus or punky stuff.

$350 to flop, flush-cut the stump, haul out the trunk, and thoroughly rake up all the debris.

Last edited:
I just got a quote to remove two spruce. One is 125ft and the other 115.
$250 to fall them. Or $1000 for them coming down in pieces and taken away.
I thought these were good prices.

If past experience is any predictor of future hypotheticals, my local Bartlett guy would do it for a grand. Seriously. I had a poplar of similar height with that many obstacles "in the way" and received a $1,000 quote for it's take down; no cleanup. I'm pretty sure that he was going to climb it and block it down. :bang: I ended up using a homemade clinometer to determine that there was plenty of room to fell it, so I did. Actual height of tree was within 5' of my measurement and had 20' to spare to the nearest obstacle if I were to have not hit my falling target. It cost me a few hours labor and I had some fun doing it. But I digress. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
To cut and clean up meaning haul away 650.00 is my bid
no wonder I am not getting much work some of the bids
350 man that is not making money for risk! Oh well I don't
want every job and I used to be able to work cheap but
buckets and grapples burn fuel cost insurance etc. That
tree would be minimum 650.00 for me to feel like I made a
little.

Latest posts

Back