Whats behind the Name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lopa

I understand the name, but why the hell do you have an avitar of Peter Stringfellow?

name is chad, i just like being outdoors....fishing,cutting wood, swimming....what else can i say.

Well I'm always one that is lost, so Lost One it is. By the way never ask me for directions.

JBQWIK = name of one of my old club bands. Did top-40, rock, 50's revival, etc.

mines pretty obvious... i live in boise and i like to saw. my real name is vern. i think im the only member in boise

My real name is Andy. I got my nickname ten years ago after my crew caught me during a thunderstorm reading a translation of the epic poem Beowulf (yes, I am a history fan.) 343 is just the number 7 cubed. During a job a few years ago in a fancy neighborhood, I set off seven different car alarms on three seperate days during a three week period while felling trees. It was a strange coincidence and the boss declared that 7 cubed or 343 was my lucky number.

I live in Bermuda -
A girl with 'tude is a bermiegirl, just left the girl off! I think using chainsaws counts as 'tude. (that's attitude !)
Almost used Onion, thats what Bermudians are known as, it was our major export in the 1800's until the blasted Yanks started growing them and undercut our market!! Now we're an import economy, insurance/reinsurance companies and loads of yankee tourists! Gotta love the US!

Fiona Doe- YES Doe, the name goes back to the 1720's here on my husband's side! NO his name is NOT John, and I DON'T have a sister named Jane!

One lick is a method of cutting fire line: You take one lick(with your pulaski), then you take one step, you take one lick, then you take one step. If 20 people in a crew do this, by the time everyone takes one lick, the line is done down to mineral soil. Real name's Bob.

"Fire Ax" is offshore slang for an acetylene cutting torch. Started offshore 30 years ago as a roustabout. When I passed the certification and became a "Combination Hand" (fitter/welder) I really figured I was in the big money.

Also, on many of my days off I used to cut fire wood with an ax, for exercise and aggression therapy mostly. When I discovered Chain Saws I immediately fell in Love. Well -- they got fire in 'em too, don't they? And man, don't they smoke that old Plum fire (wood) ax!

Or, you can call me Jack, if you aint mad at me. If you're mad at me call me Jack S. and you wont be too far wrong.

No handle for me. Just my name. Been foolin' around with axes, crosscut saws, and race saws for nearly thirty years now. Been in my family for three generations. My cousins are better than my father and I in chainsaw racing, but we can (and have) chopped and crosscuted with the best. I absolutely love the sport.

All the best,
Jamie

My last name is Watters. h2o with an S. I'm new to the forum and to the world of saws so go easy on me. Thanks and have a great day!:bowdown:

I graduated from Williamson Centeral School in Williamson, NY in 1999. I was valedictorian of my class. Hence, WCS99no1. I came up with that user name freshman year of college and sticked with it ever since for almost everything.

Recently I've been throwing another one in the mix, usaporkchops. USA is the company I work for (United Space Alliance, www.unitedspaceallinace.com), and porkchops is my latest nickname because of my sideburns...that is, if I don't shave them off.

Or my whole head, as I just did...:chainsaw: :hmm3grin2orange:

Later,
Joel

My home town is (was) the world's largest peanut market... home of the world renown jumbo Virginia peanut. Mr. Peanut was born here. I was raised on a peanut farm and therefore call myself Virginia Peanut, or Vapnut257 for short. (the 257 don't mean nuthin')

Back