Whats in your burner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MS460WOODCHUCK

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Right now I have a pc of hard maple, a pc of ash, a pc of hickory, a pc of locust with a good bed of coals under them and this baby is putting of some serious heat.

I guess living in NW Ohio is not so bad when you consider the variety of wood available.

Couple pieces of Cherry and a chunk of silver maple. Won't need anymore for awhile. Not that cold out at 11 degrees. LOL

Blazeking Princess with ash and a little black locust on top. Nice coal bed and lots of heat. 9 out here in Missouri now.

Very dry jack pine, mixed with not very seasoned yellow birch and black ash. Minus -20f this morning and the house is warm. All my good seasoned wood was gone by mid January.

Whatever I can manage to scrounge up today. I just tossed in the last couple chunks that I cut firday. Thinking may have to fire up the snowmobile and head for the woods to see what is standing that I can drag with it.

half black gum, 2 pcs red oak, 2pcs cherry, 1pc beech, loaded to the baffle @ 11pm last night and the furnace blower is still running so its still making heat

Whatever I can manage to scrounge up today. I just tossed in the last couple chunks that I cut firday. Thinking may have to fire up the snowmobile and head for the woods to see what is standing that I can drag with it.

Ha, I did that yesterday and got stuck in ball deep snow, dragging out some dead pine with the snowmobile.

Ha, I did that yesterday and got stuck in ball deep snow, dragging out some dead pine with the snowmobile

As long as I can stay out of the fence rows I will be OK. Been so windy here this winter most of the snow blew into drift in the fences. Good for play time but suck for working wood

wood I thought was reserved for next year. mainly ash, red oak and hickory.

A couple splits of white ash and a split of hard maple. Also a lot of red hot coals. About 10 degrees here but the family room is 77. Rest of house about 70. About 3 more inches of snow last night. Getting suited up to head outside in 10 min to plow the drive and clear the walk. Going through wood way too fast this year trying to heat the whole house. Just when I thought I was ahead with my wood supply this year, Mother Nature said "no you're not, get back to work".

poplar, cottonwood, hedge, mulberry. usually I don't mess with poplar or cottonwood. but the poplar was dropped off in the yard by a tree service. the cottonwood was cut and limbed all I had to do is load it with the skid loader, and haul it 5 miles home. also I've found it best to mix the wood in the owb. if i pack it full of hedge it makes a lot of coals. and they end up getting smothered. mix half soft stuff in there and there is a lot less wasted coals, and the heat stays consistent. just gotta throw in a few extra pieces of soft stuff. ;-)

Elm! Nothin' but...

I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can get back over to finish up what I quit on after a nasty trip into an underground yellow jacket nest last Fall. The main prize will be an elm log about 15 ft. long that's four feet tall at the fat end and three ft at the short end with nary a sign of bugs or rot. I'm gonna have to get creative with my 18" bar! I got the rest of that one last year, along with a few other smaller trees nearby. It'll make a nice start on replacing what I burned this year, for year after next...

Back