What's inside the Might O Ninety?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was shocked to see my piston arrive today. So some more assembly ensued. Unfortuantely I still do not have crank seals so can't finish it until next week. I went ahead and bolted on the recoil and bar cover just to make it look like it's done for a pic.

Next week I'll show the ignition and clutch sides going together.

Brand new NOS OEM piston and OEM gasket.

846528638_tfUPn-L.jpg

All new OEM gaskets in the intake tract.

846528652_2tRNV-L.jpg

846528726_FUW6i-L.jpg

846528992_akuRY-L.jpg

846528972_QBbok-L.jpg

846529147_yY2Sn-L.jpg

846529282_kY8fz-L.jpg

846529351_NyM9z-L.jpg

Last edited:
I say paint it. I spiff up my other tools. I powdercoated a set of floor jacks I had once neon purple. A buddy saw 'em and had to have them. He traded me a Sidewinder 8000 lb. winch and a Cannon tree auger for them. :)

I say paint the handle!!!!

As for the rest of the thread, AWESOME! Thanks Brad!!!!!
You are making me jealous, that looked WAY to easy!

Know I gotta(or try!)

She lives! There's a vid coming at the end, but first, a few more assembly pics.

Flywheel side seal.

849062880_gzCin-L.jpg

PTO side seal.

849062895_EjAUd-L.jpg

Felt washer under ignition plate. I forgot to get a pic of the ignition bolted down.

849063147_Fp7Fd-L.jpg

849063326_PhEr3-L.jpg

Putting the clutch side together.

849063629_xbct2-L.jpg

849063460_Lany9-L.jpg

New drum for rim sprockets. This is a now obsolete Oregon part.

849063827_J2jwX-L.jpg

Fantastic, as always, Brad. Keep 'em coming. Looking forward to the vid.

And go ahead and paint that baby. Then use it, and if you have to, paint it again! Hey, that's what we do, right?

Great work Brad. Thanks for sharing that with us, I will probably never get to see the inside of a 090 any other way. I'm looking forward to a video of that monster in some wood. Thanks again.:clap:

Brad- does yours still have the governor or did you take it off? I'm finding anymore that most applications don't need the governor, especially if the operator is skookum.

Brad- does yours still have the governor or did you take it off? I'm finding anymore that most applications don't need the governor, especially if the operator is skookum.

It is still operable. Right now I have the spring on the firmest setting. I intend to tune it per factorty specs before selling. I find the governor very annoying myself.

Arrgh. I'm still waiting for the bits for mine!

I have a small stock of those Oregon drums - they're perfect. If you're running less than a 3 ft bar, stick an 8 pin on - the saw won't notice.

Latest posts

Back