What's inside the Might O Ninety?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost there:) Try .065"!! I pulled the jug back off for inspection after the initial start up last night. I had not previously measured the squish. I just knew it was greater than my .030" solder I normally use. I put it back together with Permatex MotoSeal and squish is now .050". That's still incredibly huge. I just found that interesting.

Last edited:
Almost there:) Try .065"!! I pulled the jug back off for inspection after the initial start up last night. I had not previously measured the squish. I just knew it was greater than my .030" solder I normally use. I put it back together with Permatex MotoSeal and squish is now .050". That's still incredibly huge. I just found that interesting.

Why did you ditch the base gasket in favor of the permatex? Not trying to be dense here, but do you think .013" will make that big of a difference in the cut? Looking good by the way, mine is still on the bench in preparation for the GTG.

Why did you ditch the base gasket in favor of the permatex? Not trying to be dense here, but do you think .013" will make that big of a difference in the cut? Looking good by the way, mine is still on the bench in preparation for the GTG.

.013" is significant in the world of squish. It should add to compression and therefore torque. I'll take all of that I can get. I probably didn't change port timing by more than 1°. Motoseal is fuel resistant and will last indefinately.

.013" is significant in the world of squish. It should add to compression and therefore torque. I'll take all of that I can get. I probably didn't change port timing by more than 1°. Motoseal is fuel resistant and will last indefinately.

:agree2:

I would have done the same...OK when we gonna see a vid?

I realize .013" is quite a bit to lose on squish, just wondered if you would notice it in the cut. Curious to see psi differences, but am guessing you didn't install this with a base gasket, measure, then go to permatex. Like I said, looking good- but you better be sending her down the road to make room for that G!

Here are the final pics of the saw. It will be sold as pictured, only including a new .404 chisel chain. The vid is a cold start in about 50° weather after setting all night. Later today I'll get a vid of it in wood, get it tuned properly, and clean it back up and ready to ship.

No, the purpose of this thread was not to sell this saw, but it is being sold. I'll be listing it on eBay later today with a BIN of $1200. I'll sell it to an AS member for $1,000. I've had several ask me about purchasing it, so special consideration will be given to those people. As pointed out, I do have to make room for the 090G that I pick up tomorrow, so I will need payment ASAP.

849575475_XB7ib-L.jpg

849575002_CJ3Cv-L.jpg

849573883_tCemG-L.jpg

849574023_QwYhn-L.jpg

849574162_ymHAM-L.jpg

849574280_VEwwZ-L.jpg

849574576_P5dBW-L.jpg

849574726_o8Vc3-L.jpg

849575084_ZkNsL-L.jpg

This is with no cutting time on it to break-in the new piston and rings. For comparison, compression on my like new original 090 is 140 PSI on the same guage.

849575065_bEbXC-L.jpg

There are only two small flaws that I know of on the saw. One is some damage to the clutch cover done previously by a clutch drum. The other is a very small piece chipped off the recoil cover underneath the bottom right bolt. It does not even show.

849575344_QcVZ3-L.jpg

Awesome build just bought a new 880 but that thing looks to be able to be strap to a mill and do some plowing of it own! Well worth it.... :cheers:

The saw's running great. I have it tuned a little rich to about 10,500. With the governor enabled, it revs to almost 7,000. You'll notice a rattle. I believe it's either the metal chip guard in front of the oil tank, or the decomp button.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back