What's on your bench? 01/08/2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are you guys working on?

1. 041G parts sent off for powder coating
2. Just finished porting a 660, slightly over 200 PSI compression
3. Bought and modded a 201T, headed to AU
4. Did the machine work in a 359 last night, will port it next
5. Still trying to find the time for the 046 Meteor cylinder comparison. I did get the saw from Dad on Sunday.

Still have the 034 waiting on splitting the case. Its one stubborn SOB. Gonna try to drive the alignment pins out next chance I get and see how that goes.

My ms361 waiting on new limiter cap then ill muffler mod it and retune it. Then I will take it to the spa for some further improvements.

Too much junk??? LOL...

Just finished buttoning up my 076 last night at 12:15am! Side note... How many 076's came with the exhaust cover spacers??? only see one on google image...?
P1030582_zps70d92689.jpg

P1030586_zps8f882cd4.jpg

Projects on the bench:
2x 026's
2x 024's
ms290
jred 630

Projects on the floor close to the bench...?
efco 132s
5x 021-025-018 etc
Dolmar 6800i
ms460
655bp

2 Eskimo ice auger powerheads.

#1 Was missing the coil....checked compression by feel, felt strong, pulled muffler to inspect piston, looked ran but not scarred up..... ordered coil... installed coil.... primed, pulled handle, started up, ran for 20 seconds then locked up tight. Pulled jug, piston not stuck, broken top ring, rod frozen to crankshaft. Disassembled lower housing, rod loosened up, shows heat transfer. Gotta decide to dump more money into it or trash it. In it $67.

#2 Picked up yesterday to deliver to a remote lodge so they can get water out of the lake. Noticed loose fuel line, the carb wasn't bolted on...... gotta see what is wrong with this one today. Lodge owner just called, his truck is broken down. After 3 days of Eskimos and Chevys, I get Eskimos and Fords..... FML. :taped:

Both powerheads were supposed to be ready to go.

A 38cc "Earthquake" (talk about delusions of grandeur!) awaiting porting and muffler mod. Just because.

I still have that 026 on my bench from last month

I have had it running and made some cuts with it and everything was just fine :msp_wink:

Then got to thinking about doing just a little more port work to it and now the cylinder is off again :taped:

And a couple of those Earthquake saws that need some TLC

JMO

My MS360 that I'm trying to make ready to sell. I ordered crank seals on ebuy then I looked to see where they were coming from. OUCH! Boy did I ever screw up! Hong Kong. So now I'm going to get them from STIHL when I get some other goodies, including a new 28" Light bar

I got a Poulan 3100 I picked up a while back that I need to finish cleaning up and put the carb and hoses on that I just haven't finished. Now that the holidays are over and I'm starting to catch up a little at work, I hope to finish it.

I have an old Husky 162SE that I have been working on. Cleaned up the cylinder, put in a new piston and ring. Carb kit. It runs briefly and seems to be running to rich. Going to check out the metering valve and replace the welch plugs that didn't get done when I put the kit in.

Husky 350 waiting on a coil from NMurph to get it running, I hope.

Stihl 026 waiting to put oil seals and new rings in.

Nice saw. What's the purpose of the spacers? I've never seen that before.
I think I found out that the spacers were supposedly for a U.S. muffler??? that was the conjecture on another thread anyhow. I don't have the IPL if anyone happens to have the 076 IPL... I jump over to the beg for manuals thread now...

I am building a new bench that will hold more stuff
I actually am short on space so I took a sqare table 5ft x 5ft and bolted plywood and casters to the bottom... then ran power up the middle... Lined the outside with all my bench mounted devices and pushed it against the wall. Just have to spin it if I need the tool that is against the wall! plus it creats more stoage underneath and I can push it outside in nice weather!

Back