What's On Your Bench? Nov 20th 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately the Echo 341 is on my bench now. Had recoil issues Friday when I was out with Dan and the boys. Pulled the handle off the frayed cord about 40' above ground level. Hard to remember to not kill the engine after making a few cuts. But it did hang on my lanyard and idle like a top until we got the job done. Little saw has made me a lot of money. No complaints here. IMG_20141130_191621_370.jpg

On the kitchen table today is a husky 50. Wanted to make it a 55 but can't find a P&C that's not scored.
I found out how socially unacceptable to use an air compressor in the kitchen, so was wondering if anyone knows of a mini vac that I could suck off the sawdust etc.
John
Put it in a oil drain pan and use mineral spirits and a paint brush to clean it.

E41FAAFD-1FD1-4217-83DB-77422C6D6CE7_zps2bsu36x2.jpg

The sickest Husky 350 I have seen yet! Even if I get it patched together it will only be good for low power, light work.
The bottom screws were loose and one screw fell out and the poor saw just kept on being pushed. The bearing bore on that side got hammered so I'll have to put filler in to tighten it up. The muffler is a total waste but I'm putting it back to work. The piston only had a tiny spot of scoring so I filed it smooth.

Working on a homelite 923, I was all excited to find a tygon fuel line already installed. Opened the fuel cap to find the old rubber line melted into a puddle, tygon line in the tank all black and hard, with the filter stuck in one spot.
Filled the tank half full of laquer thinner and a few bolts shook the snot out of it. Now just have to run a new fuel line/filter and put a kit in the carb.

Latest posts

Back