What's On Your Bench? Nov 20th 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the morning at the vet getting Lucy's stitches out and my Euro Dobbie pup Na'kee's ears taped/posted again. Came home and fabbed up a mulching plate for my hydro walk behind, worked out really well. Fed the soil and didnt have to fight the leaves. Then dug a hole by hand for a 18' tall river birch I bought at the nursery last week. I still dont know how I am going to get that sucker off my trailer and in the ground, but the nursery made a mistake and gave me a hell of a deal on it. I had asked if they had River Birchs and they said "yeah, how big." I said, "I want the biggest one you have." He said "you cant move it by hand". I said "show it to me." Once I got the price I told the guy,"I realize this is one of those situations where I better jump on yall's mistake.... so I'll take it and figure out getting it in the ground later." Tomorrow is that later. Im gonna back that sucker up to the hole and winch it off.:D

As always, it's a Husky 65 on the bench, picked up a parts saw for $20 (I was generous, it would have been free), but the thing has nothing for hours on it, every part (that it has.. not all of them) is in pristine condition... except the fuel tank that's LOADED with goop and the paint inside it is all gummied up.. I'm quite certain it's the original spark plug and sprocket on it, and they're all fine. I'm certain it'll run perfectly.. Surprise of surprises, the carb was clean!

Upcoming is a 282 XP or the like that's not running.. it's a sort of writeoff, but I'll take a look at it for the guy.. perhaps fried, perhaps it's a plugged fuel filter. We'll see. Might also get a big Jonsered or two from a friend in here to freshen up and give a bit of a wake up porting to

Other stuff in the shop? Well, just about got my dad's '93 Dodge truck painted.. Gonna look REAL nice!

IMG_4198-L.jpg

Where do you find those Bar's? Are they an alternative to the Sugi's I used to know and love?

I got 3 u can try out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What saws do you have ported? Definitely interested in running one. And how many hours is too many on a saw before its needs a rebuild to go with some port work?

What saws do you have ported? Definitely interested in running one. And how many hours is too many on a saw before its needs a rebuild to go with some port work?
Hey John Mike has a ported 026, 038 Mag2 and an 064! He has another 064 in Tennessee thats part of that four 064's on Randys bench. We will have to have a mini gtg when those 064's get back here! Ill have my 044 ported sometime in the near future! Ryan has a bunch also and you will get to run about 10 different ported saws when we meet up!

I got a 064 ,038 mag ll and 026 all monkey ported

Another 064 in the process as we speak

That's a question for randy too answer

We are not far away

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back