What's on your bench?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first in lin is my ms 440 next is the 260 then the 028 super.

ohhhhhhh scratch that goes 440(built from misc 044 parts) then the 034 super for a tear down decarbon and de gunk carb

then after all those maybe another 10mm 044 think ill try and flip this one

God your guys workshop benches are alot more clean and organized than my bench at work.

On mine at work
-Stihl 075 needs a few things finished up, after a pretty extensive overhaul and tune up.

-Stihl BG 86 that blew both oil seals out of the engine.

-Stihl BR 400 that needs all new gaskets and oil seals.

I have a Ford transmission apart on one bench and Chevy exhaust and motor mounts on the other. The saws are all on the floor, and they all run. Soon's I get some money, I'm gonna hot-rod that Dolmar 6400. BB P/C, HD air filter, full wrap, mebbe a bit of mild porting. Also, you guys restoring the cool old stuff make me think I oughta restore my Remington. It's pretty deserving, I think.

Hey Jacob... my 797 has a big ol' HL in it... but the IPL shows a Flatback. You think someone got sick of that Flatback way back when, and junked it in place of an HL? It's a West Coast saw...

I personally prefer to have the HL in that saw... :)

Gary

Hey Jacob... my 797 has a big ol' HL in it... but the IPL shows a Flatback. You think someone got sick of that Flatback way back when, and junked it in place of an HL? It's a West Coast saw...

I personally prefer to have the HL in that saw... :)

Gary

It was a popular conversion back in the day, to replace the flatback with the HL-227b...That was a good running carb and they still get $40-50 on ebay...

I am gonna rebuild that carb anyways... I'll have to check the numbers... Thanks!

The HL for the 640 will be great... The diaphram was as hard as a rock in the Flatback. Plus the bottom plate was screwed on only finger tight. I'm assuming the gaskets shrunk over the years. Thing leaked like a seive when I tried to fire it up...

Filled the air/ carb "box" with almost and inch of fuel from the leak... :laugh:

Gary

Husky 372xp getting a woods port
Jonsered 670 bought at work for 25 bucks. Minor scoring, but runs ok. This one will get a meteor piston and a port job
Stihl MS441 woods port for a friend of mine that told me if I give him a deal on the port job I could drink at his his house anytime free. He's always got guiness and sam adams on tap in the kegerator:cheers:

last saw on the bench today was the partner 440. saw was running great then today it would not stay reved and was leaking gas somewhere.

pulled the bar and tossed it in the corner..

then got back to my chain display project..

11 different size chain saw chains. all different pitch. all man operated.

wanna try to name all eleven sizes???

here ya go JJ...test your skills here..

CIMG3476.jpg

I had my 365 with 372BB apart today checking port widths. I had planned on widening ports, but to my surprise the ports were almost too wide as it was. Maybe thats why it runs like it did cyl. untouched. I raised the transfer slots like Brad posted in another thread, and slotted the intake side of the transfers some, and put it back together. I will try it out tomorrow if I feel better.

I have a nice 036 Pro Im working on a complete rebuild but needing a bunch of little parts for.

I also have a 10mm 044 I was planning on using for trading stock for a good 036 parts saw to complete the 036 I am building.

Dont know, cant see it. LOL. There are numerous saws, close to 40 in there right now. But on the bench would be the ones Pop listed, then 2 288s:(, a plastic mac, 028wb, and thats bout it for now.

I know the row at the top is that 7/8" pitch Atkins pond and deck chain...below that is Carlton 3/4" harvester chain... below the Carlton looks to be 5/8" Hank Disston or Blue Jet?...and maybe another type of 9/16"...Oregon or Blue Jet 1/2"...Oregon or McCulloch .404"...Oregon or Blue Jet 7/16"...Carlton .404"...McCullah .354"...Carlton or Sabre .325"...Stihl 1/4"?

Just had a Hoe-Bow on the bench.
Now have a poulan KD-100 and a Mall 6

Right now I have a bunch of saws going out USPS in the morning...3-288xp's, a 181 xp, a remington super 754, a pristine old stihl fs65 trimmer needing a carb kit, a Homey super 2 needing a starter rope, a troybuilt horse needing a motor....I could go on and on and on .....you get the picture. All I need is time.

Latest posts

Back