whats the best 100cc saw to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Oleo Mac 999, but now sure if they still make it. It's a beautifuly made saw and has a whoppin huge Walbro on it.
Gypo

I have a 395 Husqvarna. A little smaller than what you want but seems like a lot of saw for what I cut. Can't really picture needing a bigger saw. Guess you can buy an 880. When you aren't using it you'll have an anchor for your boat!

The O-Mac 999 is 20 lbs and 6.8 HP. That would make for a long day.

Ya, I think it's just a glorified cement saw. Probably as slow as a stock 090, but modded, it gets up and talks.
If it came with a heated cab and a set of wheels it would be the catz arse. Lol
John

If you want a true "100 cc" saw, the 2100 husqvarna is the saw, if you ar willing to round to the nearest 3 ccs, a nice 7 series mac will make you smile, but only under certain conditions. Thoes old torquers won't be runnin the show untill you have them in aboout 50'' of wood. My 103cc 795 is a complete joke untill you bury the 42'' bar past the tip, then you better be ready . . . .

My 123cc super 797 is completely bad ass with a 25'' bar however,, this leades me to believe that my super 797 would just sing with a 50'', 60'', 72''. . . bar buried.

there are plenty of Home-a-lites that are bout 100ccs, but they are weak compared to their McC cousins, uglier to . . .

there are plenty of Home-a-lites that are bout 100ccs, but they are weak compared to their McC cousins, uglier to . . .[/QUOTE]

:chatter: Blah Blah Blah, We all know what opinions are like!!!!

The old homie's are a great saw, pick one up and see for yourself

I would assume you would like to stay with a newer, more modern saw and have it to be used. I would saw the 660 or the 390/395 would be the best way to go and as close to 100cc as your gonna get w/o totally killing the bank and going 20cc over. I am only mentioning them cause they seem to have the best dealer support if that matters to you.

Back