Whats the difference f-250 and f-350(no dullies)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What is the difference between these two trucks? Beside ones a 3/4 ton and the other 1 ton.Aren't they pretty much the same truck?:confused: :confused: Talking years 99- 03.

I also wanted to mention that a good friend of mine works for our local water department. They had 4x4 F-350's with the V10 and 4.30 gears, you want to talk about a torque monster! :dizzy:

Had a 01 250 and a 03 350 350 was a bad ass truck no rear sag like the 250 the gvw is not a whole lot different, maybe a 1000 pounds both bad on gas. I have a 06 150 crew cab now and love it.

throught the years ,,,,,

Brakes (size , material and hyd ratio & amount of boost) , rims - tire size and class ('D' - 'E') , springs , shock absorbers- suspension, cooling system (trans, power-steerng, radiator, ect) , steering gear ratio and amount of assist , axle / brg size , clutch pack/plate numbers and materials in auto-trannys, clutch size and materials (ceramic / asbestos type) and pressure plate type in manuals , tranny first gear ratio and tranny selection.

Engine emissions packages, Catalytic converters options, exhaust size and dual / single exhaust, Carb jetting , Camshaft selections, spark-advances/ vac-advance ignition advance curves. Engine control programs.

Fuel tank size and numbers of tanks.

Just to name a few that have been manufactures options that changed from 3/4 - 1 ton trucks in the past. Not as much of a difference to the mechanic as it was to the Fleet sales / order and parts-counter guy.

Last edited:
The main differences are the 350 has more spring, and the axle tubes are a like a 1/4 inch bigger in diameter. That is from looking at mine and my friends trucks, same year.

Oh and no matter which, get a diesel! check Diesel Power this month for their V10 vs Power Stroke test.

Why diesel?

Iam looking for a very reiable,strong and will last a long time, can go into a woods or were ever and haul wood out.Be able to pull anything ,well pretty much anything.Diesel trucks are soooooooooo much more money.:jawdrop: I would love to get one that is diesel.Thanks for all info.:rock:

What is the difference between these two trucks? Beside ones a 3/4 ton and the other 1 ton.Aren't they pretty much the same truck?:confused: :confused: Talking years 99- 03.

License, insurance, and property tax fees among other things. Some places really nail you for owning an F-350.

Yeah I am sure RB knows. He lives in Virginia too. They Hammer us for owning a truck around here.

Yeah, but I think NC is worse for owning F-350s. The difference is quite a lot from what I've heard.

more $$$$

Why is more for a f-350 then F-250 as far as title? Insurance that much different?:confused: :confused: :dizzy:

Why is more for a f-350 then F-250 as far as title? Insurance that much different?:confused: :confused: :dizzy:

Some locales figure that with an F-350 it is a commercial vehicle. I think in NC you need commercial plates for one.

?????

How do I find out what my state title stuff?Live in OHIO.:bang:

:chainsawguy: :chainsawguy:

go for the F250. it will save you money on gas compared to the 350 and from what ive seen they can pull anything you throw at them anyways.
ive seen a 2000lb fetilizer tank on an F250 and its been going strong for 5 years now. no problems and the truck is used daily.

Back