What's the difference in Stihl Pro and Mid Range?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus all the Huskyheads will be PO'd you didn't buy a Swedish saw even if it is not one you were not considering. Then you will be told you actually did because Stihl does not have the ability to engineer their own products and had to copy Husqvarna, blah, blah, blah.... sounds like hard line political rhetoric. All the while you can play a game and count the chips that land on their shoulders instead of in their beloved air cleaners. How can you go wrong! Where else could you start an international incident for just the lowely price of an MS361? Priceless!!! (PS: Don't mention flippy caps, they may implode!):clap:

:agree2: LOL :agree2:

:cheers:

Last edited:
Buying a new ms361, Is like buying a New Dodge Quad cab Cummins 6 speed short box.

Haha! I actually do own a MS361, and Dodge Quad cab Cummins 6-speed...but mine's a long box, so should I upgrade to the MS460? :laugh:

I also have a little MS210 and honestly, for little day to day jobs I tend to reach for that saw more often and never had a problem with it.

If you want a saw that will definitely get the job done, I'd bet either the 310 or 361 will suit you just fine. But if you're like me and tend to subscribe to the Tim Taylor "More Power" theory that everything worth doing, is worth overdoing, then treat yourself to a 361. :D

If I were on a tight budget...

I'd pick up a new or manufactured Makita 6401 on ebay for $300 to $350 before I bought a 310. The 6401 will pretty much run with the 361 for a fraction of the price, it's a pro level saw, and you can install a 7900 P&C on it for around another $220 if you really want to smack the crap out of a 361 (and possibly the 440/441/460 as well).

oh it has begun

it is simple to figure out what breed of saw to buy. first and most important dealer . second most important how easy is it to get parts. i run a mixed breed saw fleet. i like my local stihl dealer and he is able to get most any thing i need. my :censored: husky dealer is a joke. bought a new $900.00 saw was hand to be and told if it does not return it and we will give a new one:dizzy: i seen the shop, they had when i bought my last husky four pro level sawz sitting on shelf with tags saying "bad carb ,not repairable return for credit". they do not even start or run them. when you buy a saw they expect you as customer to trust the saw was tuned to spec by the manufacture:confused: i go to my local stihl dealer and he or one of his crew starts the saw and then shows you how to start the saw.
:cheers:

Buy the 310, save some money, cut wood, and be happy. My 390 never lets me down. Anyway, by the time you need to replace or rebuild it, The world will surely have exhausted it's supply of fossil fuels.

It is a lot like guns. Some guy buys one and he is an expert. Buys more and his head grows, mainly from reading gun ####. Has a custom(pro, high$) gun built and he knows all.............yet gut shoots 3 deer before he shoots one in the leg and it breaks its neck falling...one shot kill.
Another guy with a 30-30gets a couple of deer a year, lung shot, and just smiles. The 310 is like a 30-30, it ain't junk, and you may smile....

Great post and so is the 30-30! The 30-30 is no good in proportion to the users lack of ability to hunt.

Mid range

Occasional user MS310 (Toyota Corolla/Great car)
Professional user MS361 (Ferrari F-430/A better car)

As long as its white and orange it dont matter!!

Before i got my new 361 i was using a MS230 to collect my fire wood, usually 2 tonnes every 2 to 3 weeks for the last few years, it did it easy, so i thought untill i got the saw with a massive set of hangers....the 361!!
:wave:

Latest posts

Back