What's the lowest Price you paid for Titanium GB Bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$2.00+ an inch seems to be the average I pay for G.B. Titaniums or any other typical brand. Stihl mounts are all I am ever looking for, ocasionally a Pro Mac. Your deals seems very fair.

I need to edit this as I seem to average $1.80+an inch. It is late and math is not a strong point.

Last edited:
I would go for a small mount 18" and a large mount in 20" and 24"
18, 20, 24 makes a nice set for the 346xp (small mount) and the 372xp (large mount).
Price? let's make a deal....
I appreciate your offer to us AS members

How are these different from the GB Pro-Top? (which I recently bought in 20" but may return (unused) if there is an advantage to the GB Titanium)

Last edited:
I would go for a small mount 18" and a large mount in 20" and 24"
18, 20, 24 makes a nice set for the 346xp (small mount) and the 372xp (large mount).
Price? let's make a deal....
I appreciate your offer to us AS members

How are these different from the GB Pro-Top? (which I recently bought in 20" but may return (unused) if there is an advantage to the GB Titanium)

Titanium is harder than regular steel. It is non-magnetic. Best of all, it is much lighter than a regular steel bar.

I don't know all the details, but I thought he got the boot for listing the dealer prices, which created an uproar as some people were getting better prices than others (volume buyers).

But, I don't know the hole facts. Take it for what it is worth.

No, ScottWojo never listed the dealers' prices on AS. He kept the prices private to buyers. He just sold them dirt cheap, at his cost, looking to get a better volume discount from the distributor. That got tons of flap from the AS sponsors (becasue he was selling them with no markup). He was also not invited to be a sponsor this year on AS (according to an email he sent me). He was also reported to the US GB distributor by one of the AS sponsors, and lost his GB US sales channel (what he told me in another email). He is also now banned from AS...

No, ScottWojo never listed the dealers' prices on AS. He kept the prices private to buyers. He just sold them dirt cheap, at his cost, looking to get a better volume discount from the distributor. That got tons of flap from the AS sponsors (becasue he was selling them with no markup). He was also not invited to be a sponsor this year on AS (according to an email he sent me). He was also reported to the US GB distributor by one of the AS sponsors, and lost his GB US sales channel (what he told me in another email). He is also now banned from AS...

Do you know which sponsor?

I thought collusion was illegal?

I always get a kick out of the complainers about someone else getting a good deal Hooping and Hollaring all the way to walmart so they can buy their stuff as cheap as possible.

No, but I can guess... (read the loudest AS sponsor in that thread).

windthrown I think your right, there'll probably be some whining over this also. but then again I don't need other's to price my product's. shouldn't be to difficult to offer a good deal and still make a profit.

I'd prefer single bar pricing, perhaps in combo with a loop of LGX. The Christmas sale prices you had were great, but Santa did not come through for me:(
The cheapest prices I've seen were for the Carlton close-outs Bailey's had. They were re-badged GB titanium with odd DL counts. I think the 16" (59DL) I got was $15.

And didn't he get the boot for it?

He got the boot for starting wars in every thread he started. He was banned from another site in less than a week for similar behavoir.

Snap a magnet to the bar. I believe the amount of Ti in the steel is very very small. Mostly marketing.

They are magnetic and no lighter than a Oregon Powermatch. But they do wear better than a Oregon or Windsor. Don't know how they wear compared to Stihl bars because I don't see them much.

I Just scaled 3 20" .058 Large Mount Dolmar/Husq bars and the weighed:
GB CN40 2.6lbs
GB Pro Top 2.8lbs
Oregon PM 2.6lbs

I mentioned his name to GB once to see if he was dealing with GB/NH or with stens and they already knew all about what he was doing and did not agree with his ways. I didn't know he was cancelled as a dealer though.

I suspect you are right......:givebeer:

They may be more wear resistent, but hardly much lighter.

True

Steve

We bought a bunch of GB closeouts from Husky at a fantastic price. We were told that they were the titanium bars, but there was no marking on the bars, or on the sleeve to confirm this. The bar graphics are standard Husqvarna. They do feel a bit different, but without anything positive about their makeup, we are just selling them at the same price as our regular bars.

The spread between a good price and an average price on a bar is small, and it seems that it can get eaten up pretty quick if you have to ship it. I haven't done much of this yet, but what are you guys paying to ship a 24" bar?

It happens

GB did OEM a bunch of bars for a number of saw manufacturers.

The big confusion comes from people (including people who WORK for GB) thinking that all GB bars are Titanium alloy which they are not.

The Titanium alloy does not hold paint well at all and that is one sure tell tale sign that it is the Ti alloy.

I doubt the Huskie bars are Ti but more than likely comparable to the Pro Top which is not TI alloy.

Back