Whats the one saw that you will never get rid of

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 2 saws I would never get rid of. One is my Homelite Xp-1020A that I built. This is the 1st saw I ever built and 1st saw over 70cc I ever ran. May even be the 1st homelite I ever ran. I built this thig from a pretty beat parts saw and NOS parts. I didnt even use an IPL just bought a bunch of stuff that looked right. It's funny cause its a good runner to. I have a full wrap for it but was cleaning the ugly and 1/2 gone green paint off it when I took these pics.

DSC00478.jpg

Very nice Rick! Eccentric is really diggin' that Cannon roller-nose.:cheers:

Jonsereds 80

I only have four saws. One is a little Johny m36 that my late uncle bought new in 1975, that one would be hard to part with....but the one i could never sell, no matter what would be my 80. My dad bought it from his cousin in the early 80's, and he used it on and off for 15 years. It ran into some carb problems, and he gave up on it. Three years ago he gave it to me, and I got it running. It cuts like a beast now, and even if it dies, I'll never let it go.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mine would have to be this SP125. It was a mess when I got hold of it: Missing alot of parts and absolutely filthy, but through this site and others I was able to find the help and the parts required to rebuild it. It is mechanically sound - lots of NOS parts inside, but it still has most of its original exterior.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

My 1993 STIHL 066 red light 7.8 HP magnum, and my old reliable 038 magnum. The 038 mag may be a heavy, outdated, "boat anchor" by some people's standards BUT it is the one saw I own that if I dropped it off a cliff, I could climb down, start it up and cut a path back to the top. IT IS ONE TOUGH S.O.B. with plenty of grunt for it's class. :angry2::greenchainsaw:

My dad's Husky 51. My BIL had it for a bit. It survived his abuse and I "Re-aquired " it a few years back. Reliable saw.

My Mcculloch Pro Mac 610.. Back in The mid to late 80's my dad was out rabbit hunting with one of our dogs, and the dog started to howl at a small hemlock tree in the middle of an old skidder trail. When my dad walked over he saw the green manual oiler sticking out of the ground and nothing else. When he got it all uncovered it was this Pro Mac 610.. he took it home and cleaned it and it started after 2 pulls! still running to this day.

Of course things seem to change for me pretty regular, after all, I do see and run a lot of different saws. I probably have owned at least a hundred. I really don't have a favorite saw or one that I wouldn't ever sale. I thought I would have to keep the MS460 I won the build off with, but if the right price is offered that saw would be sold too. I really like my 066 Red Light, but if the right amount is offered........

Mine was my 2094, but Im certain my 660 is a stronger saw. If I had to keep just one, it would be the ported 660 Magnum.

Randy you're like me. I can't turn down a good deal for me on a saw. I don't think I ever said I won't sell one.

Come on now guys, this is just for play. hell, given the right money anything (material wise)is for sell. I would sell any saw i had in a heart beat if the price is right. Mike, I dont really see you parting with that Poulan 655BP anyways..... :)

My 031AV :msp_w00t: It is the first chainsaw that I bought with my own money. :msp_biggrin: I bought it new in 1981. Over the years it has seen a lot of abuse. Once it fell off of the wood splitter while my dad was towing it back to the house and was run over. It got beat up pretty bad that time but I repaired it with used parts and continued to use it. About 4 years ago it seized up when I was cutting a stump that I was hung up on out from under my tractor. I rebuilt it this summer after getting bit by the CAD bug. Now it is running better than it has in years and even if it becomes a shelf queen it will be the one that I will never sell.

only one I cant sell is my 260, which my pops bought for me some years ago. It means alot to me and it'll always be with me lord willing.

But the one that I would'nt want to part with unless I had a new one just like it would be my Husky 372 XPW. It's just the perfect size and power for all my falling needs. It's like they built that saw just for me. Never felt another one that feels so good to run.

Come on now guys, this is just for play. hell, given the right money anything (material wise)is for sell. I would sell any saw i had in a heart beat if the price is right. Mike, I dont really see you parting with that Poulan 655BP anyways..... :)

Yeah I don't plan on selling it. It seems I don't have a good track record of keeping saws long. :msp_smile:

There are a few - 346xpg(NE), MS361W (Euro), and of course the Jonsereds Raket 621 from 1970....:msp_wink:
Then I have to keep the 5100SH, as it was Witchys saw - as was the 339xp (even though she didn't really know that).....

I am pretty in love with my muffler-modded 346XPNE. Enough to want another one to put up. With a fresh loop of 23RSC66, it is an angry little saw. I think maybe angry enough to be a "one saw plan" saw? :msp_scared:

Back