What's the scoop on husqvana warranty?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefish

I saw that...
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of conflicting views on this topic. My manual says 2 years for my 562XP. Is this true? Russ

Yea kinda stinks but hey it is what it is , i asked the guys where i got it , they didn't even know it had changed. I showed them the insert in a new owners manual ... the document # is 575-49-43-03-IR i'm looking at it now. It will be fine, run the piss out of it. Termite

This came in the 550xp box.

photobucket-673-1343412332732.jpg

I tried to find it on Husky's website, I gave up trying to find something definitive after 10 or so minutes. Man their website is such a steaming pile of dung.

i have bought many new saws,, as far as i am concerned the warrenty is as useless as gun control,,, but i can tell you that since i know 2 different dealers personally they both have told me that they look for anything so they don't have to warrenty it,,, now for me i could give a rats azz about a warrenty because the first thing i do when i get home before i even fuel one is pull the limiters and do a MM

So as a household consumer you spend more on an XP saw, which is supposed to be built better, and you get 1/4th of the warranty period compared to a non xp saw? :msp_rolleyes:

So as a household consumer you spend more on an XP saw, which is supposed to be built better, and you get 1/4th of the warranty period compared to a non xp saw? :msp_rolleyes:

Looks like it.....:(. Kinda dumb a XP has less warranty than a HO saw in consumer conditions IMO. Oh well, I usually void the warranty first thing anyways :msp_scared:.

Stihl has gotten away with the crumby warranty on pro saws for years, the big orange mothership is just playing catch-up. If you want a good warranty buy an Echo as a consumer, regardless of what saw you get 5 years. If you want a screamin, productive work saw go for the 372, 2172, 441 etc, just weigh your trade-offs.

Stihl has gotten away with the crumby warranty on pro saws for years, the big orange mothership is just playing catch-up. If you want a good warranty buy an Echo as a consumer, regardless of what saw you get 5 years. If you want a screamin, productive work saw go for the 372, 2172, 441 etc, just weigh your trade-offs.

i hate to burst your bubble about echo,, a good friend of mine is an echo tech and he is instructed by echo to look for anything and everything so a problem is not covered by the warranty,, he has showed me several little things that echo denied a warranty claim for,, so to me the warranties are useless

I got 2 year warranties on all my Stihl saws with their synthetic stihl mix. However, thinking about I think that deal must be over. Didn't get one with my 201T.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ####. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

i hate to burst your bubble about echo,, a good friend of mine is an echo tech and he is instructed by echo to look for anything and everything so a problem is not covered by the warranty,, he has showed me several little things that echo denied a warranty claim for,, so to me the warranties are useless

i can tell you that since i know 2 different dealers personally they both have told me that they look for anything so they don't have to warrenty it

Shady as hell!

Ive never returned an xp saw, but I had good service on my 235. All I did was contact husqvarna, mailed in a form that said what was wrong with the saw and mark that it was gas powered. They sent me a full cash refund a week later and I got to keep the saw

Back