Whats your best saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS you need to snug that chain friend. What about your gucki?
Wondered why it keeps throwing the chain off. It's still kickin.

laartshow903075qx8.jpg

For myself? My old trusty Pioneer/Partner P42HP. Heavy and slow, but always seems to be there to get the job done. :givebeer:
I have a couple of those myself, never noticed the heavy part at all, and as far as the slow part goes, both of mine turn so damm fast, I havent had a chance to notice how slow they are. Excellent saws imho, based on my expierience with them, I often wonder why Pioneer hung it up.

Well, I'd have to say "Ol' Reliable", my Husky 55 that has been my only saw since 2001 when it was new, until this Spring when I picked up my 372xp. The only time that saw has let me down was this spring when I hit a steel spike in a big hackberry and broke the splines off of the clutch drum... that was the end of my day.

Still don't have enough time behind my 372 yet for it to be my favorite, but that may change once the crops are out of the fields around here and I'm back to cutting wood. It's already impressed me, but hasn't yet taken the title :)

I've also got a used 395xp headed my way, hopefully it turns out to be a good saw too... I've got a few big logs in mind for it to buck. :chainsaw:

For the cutting I do the most around here I would say my J-Red 2065 is my best saw. My favorite to run is my Oly 264 F. It just sounds better.

My sentimental favorite is my old 42cc Craftsman/ Poulan 2800. My first saw. Its cut miles of wood, and made me a little money too. Still fires on the 3rd or 4rth pull.

For the cutting I do the most around here I would say my J-Red 2065 is my best saw. My favorite to run is my Oly 264 F. It just sounds better.

My sentimental favorite is my old 42cc Craftsman/ Poulan 2800. My first saw. Its cut miles of wood, and made me a little money too. Still fires on the 3rd or 4rth pull.

Yes the 264 F is a damn fine saw :clap:

attachment.php

372 and NE346 about dead even so far hard to chose the best one.

I will actually use the 346 more just because its new to me and I really like the lightweight :) and its got a 3/8 chain now to make chain grinding chores easier another plus in the overall 2 saws does it all scheme. fwtw

Kansas

I don't have as many saws as most of you guys, but I would have to say my MS441. Probably because I have been using it a lot lately. When I am using my 346xp a lot, I would probably pick that one. They are both great saws.

Yes the 264 F is a damn fine saw

SAAAWEEEET! Your 284 is nice too. If that thing runs anything like a 264 its gotta be a monster.

Latest posts

Back