What's your favorite B&C for the 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my back is not in the best of shape either. After bucking up thru a couple of tanks and I have to lay flat of my back for a few minutes at least. Sometimes have to take some Meds. Been doing this all my life but it really is my favorite meditation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all that you still cut 4-6 hours a day. I am impressed!! CJ

No, I usually have no need to cut 4-6 hours a day, unless blocking logs into firewood length (12" here) on a "saw-buck" counts.

That's how it was 3-4 years ago though, my healt issues keep me from cutting anything these days. :cry:

Yeah my back is not in the best of shape either. After bucking up thru a couple of tanks and I have to lay flat of my back for a few minutes at least. Sometimes have to take some Meds. Been doing this all my life but it really is my favorite meditation.

Try a longer bar, it is not a cure all but it does help. My buddie is/was 6'1" and he also switched to longer bars with the same results with his back. CJ

No, I usually have no need to cut 4-6 hours a day, unless blocking logs into firewood length (12" here) on a "saw-buck" counts.

That's how it was 3-4 years ago though, my healt issues keep me from cutting anything these days. :cry:
Sorry to hear that, the saw-buck is a great back saver. For firewood I use a tractor with a grapple where I can but for ground cutting the longer bars help me quite a bit. I am not quite 50 and my days keep getting shorter, 8 hours in the heat and I am done anymore. I guess it is better than the other option! CJ

Sorry to hear that, the saw-buck is a great back saver. For firewood I use a tractor with a grapple where I can but for ground cutting the longer bars help me quite a bit. I am not quite 50 and my days keep getting shorter, 8 hours in the heat and I am done anymore. I guess it is better than the other option! CJ

I'm sure it is! :)

The only thing that really hurts my back is after an hour or so with a 390xp on spurs.

Does anyone know if there is a small mount Husqvarna bar in this world in .325 x .063? Would really like to have one in 18" as I have some NOS Stihl 26RS72 chains that NEED to be on this 346xp!!!!

Trade the chains for ones that fit. Either here are your local dealer.

Yeah, gonna see what I can work out with my local Husqvarna dealer. Doubtful that they'll be interested though. I have great locals for both Husqvarna and Stihl. Unfortunately they are not one in the same.

Does anyone know if there is a small mount Husqvarna bar in this world in .325 x .063? Would really like to have one in 18" as I have some NOS Stihl 26RS72 chains that NEED to be on this 346xp!!!!
Never heard of one. .063 is a Stihl thing...
yeah i know, just hate to let these chain collect dust. Guess it's a good excuse to buy a smaller pro Stihl. But even at that, I'd have to break em and add 2 links.

So has anyone had any luck running a thicker guage DL in a well used bar of a smaller guage DL?

Yeah, gonna see what I can work out with my local Husqvarna dealer. Doubtful that they'll be interested though. I have great locals for both Husqvarna and Stihl. Unfortunately they are not one in the same.
My Husky/Stihl dealer has chain in .050, .058 & .063. Most good shops handle all three gauges.

My Husky/Stihl dealer has chain in .050, .058 & .063. Most good shops handle all three gauges.

My local Stihl dealer does, but the Husqvarna dealer only carries .050. They buy Oregon in reels and make all their chains up. Only sell .050 Bars as well.
But I'm positive that I read somewhere on AS awhile back where some were routinely running .050 B&C to start and eventually replacing the tip and chain with .058. And had good success with it if I remember right. But then again, my rememberer ain't too good anymore!!!

Latest posts

Back