What's your favorite backpack blower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Jason and B Walker. I have a Redmax 7000 and it's the BOMB! I understand that Red Max just came out with an 8000 that blows everything away in the backpack blower world hands down! Try one like Jason said you'll never look back!

Here's another vote for Redmax. It will move even wet leaves and rip delicate plants right out of you garden if you're not carefull. Not that I know anything about that...

Everybody is upgrading to the new Stihl BR550 blowers and Redmax 8000 etc. right now and selling their old BR400 blowers. I bought 2 BR400's one to fix and one for parts and wound up fixing both of them. Now that I have 2 running BR400's I have a couple of questions:
Would two BR400's have more CFM than the Redmax 8000?
Any ideas on the best way to strap on both of these blowers? One in front and one in back? One behind the other?
They would only weigh 40 lbs and I could hold one pistol grip in each hand and get done twice as fast!

I wouldnt recommend using both blowers at once. I need a backpack setup though, you wanna sell one?

I like my STHIL BR420C MAGNUM . But wear earmuffs.
Only negative is it floods if you forget to turn switch to run position and try to crank. :eek:
Johnny Walker

I know I am late reading and replying to this post. I don’t think anyone makes a backpack that will compare to RedMax. I know Echo and Shindaiwa have good Backpacks but my RedMax is very easy to start and very powerful. It seems like the new Echo equip. Is getting harder to start than the older equipment. Thanks EPA! Stihl is not even in the same league as the others when it comes to Backpacks

I have a Husky 155BT, It seems to be a great blower. But I have nothing to compare it too. I would love to try out a Husky 165BT, and see if there is a big difference in power.
On job sites all I see are Stihls on the backs of all the yard guys (BR 420C or BR 340 L).

Bought the BR550.
The tube is non-adjustable in length.
The 4-mix engine sounds like a choked down 2 stroke but when we ran the BR420CMagnum and the 550 side by side the 550 is more powerfull.
I understand Stihl is coming out with a BR600. Maybe I'll buy that one when it comes out.
Here in CaliDonkey the better bigger blowers are banned by the environmentalists...
Frans

The "parts" BR400 blower I bought makes a rattling sound most noticable at idle. Upon teardown I see that the rattling is caused by piston slap. A little too much clearance between the piston skirt and cylinder. With the rings off the piston you can rock or shake the piston in the bore and it makes the exact same rattling sound as when it's idling. I don't detect any play in the main bearings and there is no air leak at the seals. I do have a question about the big end rod needle bearing though. There is no vertical play detectable. The rod will of course slide back and forth along the bearing. If you TWIST the piston back and forth cw and ccw as you are looking down at the bearing you will see the rod twist a few degrees on the bearing. IOW no vertical play but some twisting play is detectable. Visually the little needle bearings all look fine with no flat spots or displaced material. What is the correct procedure to check a 2 cycle rod needle bearing for wear?

The RedMax 8000 will totally spoil you from running anything else, except maybe for a small hand-held for the delicate close-in stuff. The one feature that would make it ideal is a starter like someone told me that Tanaka offers, and that is a pre-wound starter that is released by the touch of a button. You have to mount up the blower to carry it to the site, then you must set it down to start it, then re-mount it. Some OPE units use the momentum of an engine being stopped to wind the starting spring, so no rope-pulling is required to start.

tools on the bottom

.................any one tell me what(how many)tools belong on the bottom of the 420cmag.
attachment.php

A SCRENCH IS THE TOOL THAT YOU TAKE YOUR SPARK PLUG OUT AND TO
LOOSEN AND TIGHTEN YOUR BAR NUTS. I SURE HOPE YOU WERE JOKING. LOL:cheers:

names

A SCRENCH IS THE TOOL THAT YOU TAKE YOUR SPARK PLUG OUT AND TO
LOOSEN AND TIGHTEN YOUR BAR NUTS. I SURE HOPE YOU WERE JOKING. LOL:cheers:

...ive only known the "SCRENCH" as a "bar wrench" :dunno::cheers:

:eek:i still want to see a picture of the "scrench", that comes w/the BR420C MAGNUM, and in its inttened spot under the machine!:love1:

Back