What's your favorite bar oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what ever is on sale.had to break down and buy a gallon of poulan cus TSnor napa didnt have any on sale.

And just what the hell is that in your avatar with a womans head on it? :msp_scared:

Being a former power-lifter I didn't think that much muscle mass was obtainable in a female without steroids and HGH!

Last edited:
doesn't the engine heat the bar oil anyway?
especially in a saw with a metal/mag crankcase, my bar oil always turns to water in the summer and stays good in the winter...

i used stihl for a while, now i use husqvarna, and it can be had for like 10 bucks a gallon at lowes

It is hard to find but I always buy three or four gallons of Gary Goo bar and chain oil whenever I run across it. Russ

Napa R&O hydraulic oil $28 for 5 gallons.Summer or winter.Ive seen Itasca Bar oil lately for $8.99/gallon.If I use bar oil,it will be the green jugs of itasca I guess

I use Chain Pro Bar & Chain Oil, made by PolyGuard.
Works good summer or winter and sells for $6.99 regular price at Menards and other home improvement/fleet/box stores.
I usually buy it on sale for $5.99, $4.99, and I've even found it for $3.99 (but that's been a while).

They've changed their jug and label...

OLD JUG/LABEL
attachment.php

NEW JUG/LABEL
attachment.php

doesn't the engine heat the bar oil anyway?
especially in a saw with a metal/mag crankcase, my bar oil always turns to water in the summer and stays good in the winter...

i used stihl for a while, now i use husqvarna, and it can be had for like 10 bucks a gallon at lowes

Over time, yes. But when you first dump it in, it's super thick. And when you refill, it's super thick. It's like the reason we use multi-viscosity oil in our vehicles. Toss some 5w30 in there for the winter time for startup, 10w30 to straight 30 for summer time when it ain't so cold.

I use a 50/50 mix of TSC bar oil and 15w40 diesel engine oil. (new) Seems to do the job. I also pick up any partial jugs of bar oil I find at estate sales if the price is right.

Logger's Pride high tack formula, year round, straight out of the jug.Works pretty good on minor cuts,scrapes and burns, and repels chiggers, ticks, fleas,fireants,horseflys, deerflys, and some pretty girls.Keeps the old chain lubed up pretty good,too.I pay about 6 bucks a gallon.

Last edited:
I have used Stihl and Husky in the past..but they're bot Waay expensive now.

I bought a couple jugs of "Super Tech" (made my Exxon) at Wal-mart this spring for $5.97 a jug.

Seems to work very well..!! - However they have gone up on price to $7.97 a jug..

Maybe they'll have it on sale in the fall like TSC does...much closer to me than TSC..!!

$3.60 a gallon gas in a truck that gets 10 mpg..is really a concern for me..!!

(and beer ain't gettin' no cheaper either..!!).. LOL..!!
:cheers:
J2F

I have used Stihl and Husky in the past..but they're bot Waay expensive now.

I bought a couple jugs of "Super Tech" (made my Exxon) at Wal-mart this spring for $5.97 a jug.

Seems to work very well..!! - However they have gone up on price to $7.97 a jug..

Maybe they'll have it on sale in the fall like TSC does...much closer to me than TSC..!!

$3.60 a gallon gas in a truck that gets 10 mpg..is really a concern for me..!!

(and beer ain't gettin' no cheaper either..!!).. LOL..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Speaking of beer and apologizing for sidetracking, have yall ever noticed that a 6 pack of 16oz is cheaper than a 6 pack of 12oz.If one is financially disciplined, one would have to drink the pints.

I used stihl oil for many years and just bought some poulan bar oil on sale, but, it is amazing how many different oils there are out there I will be looking around for some of these brands in the future.
Good thread

Back