Whats your most fuel effeicent saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect the averaged fuel economy of all the mini macs ever made would be pretty good. Since only a few actually run....

Sent from my HTC EVO via Tapatalk

Here is a pic of mine...:msp_tongue:..its a 331 2stroke,... 1 stroke ahead, 1 stroke back
bowsaw.jpg

Sorry ,.....the devil made me do it,..:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Husqy 455r or PP5020AV. Hard to differentiate. Stratos sip fuel.

The antithesis of your post is a Homelite "Powerstroke" I have. I'm assuming that it can't be too fuel efficient, holding a 7.3L diesel under the plastic, though diesel is produces more power per gallon than gasoline, so I guess this is a valid question.

are you serious, its a chain saw, who cares, it should be what cuts the most wood with least strain on the body.

seriously if your worried about the amount of fuel your saws use you need to go live with the tree huggers and smoke some more weed mate.

By far the saw that brings in the most dollars per gallon of fuel used is my MS200T.
Really? I seem to be shutting down and refilling mine more often than I'd like to think. That being said, maybe it's just the tiny fuel tank?

Since I am not a pro that have to carry the fuel far into the woods, I don't really care! :msp_wink:
Very valid point for me as well.

Of the saws I have, I have to refuel my MS460 the least when cutting. But then again I don't have a 50cc fuel sipper like a 346XP or MS261 to compare it to... Hmmmmm DAMN, CAD's getting a grip on me again!!!

are you serious, its a chain saw, who cares, it should be what cuts the most wood with least strain on the body.

seriously if your worried about the amount of fuel your saws use you need to go live with the tree huggers and smoke some more weed mate.

I have heard that some loggers around here go through gallons of fuel mix a day, that would certainly add up over time. So I would bet they are very concerned about the amount of fuel they use.

Would you not be with gas at $4.00/gal plus the cost of the mix oil? I would hope so......

Me, I guess I'm just one of the tree hugging weed smokers.

Will say that the 441cm seems to use around the same amount of (or maybe even less) fuel than my 20cc smaller Shindaiwa 500.

Sure as heck cuts faster too.

Back