Where did I go wrong?!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I am not going to delete that post. What I said is a bad idea, and I can own up to it. It may serve as a good learning tool, if the mods want it deleted, they will do so. The correct way to sell something on ebay if you have to have a certain price or above is to set a reserve, simple as that.

I told ya he was a good guy!:clap:

I've sold a couple Stihls and a Husky on Ebay, and follow two rules: #1- Great pics, and a bunch of them. Adding pics are $.15 each, and I post 10 or so. Also, make sure that the pics are high res, and are clean, meaning that you use a sheet or something as a backdrop, with a lot of light. #2- Give as much honest information that you can. Tell all of the little problems (scratches, etc) which shows those looking that you aren't hiding anything.

Set the starting bid at the lowest you'll take, and list it for 3 days. Longer time lets people forget about your auction...

Good luck!!!

I've sold a couple Stihls and a Husky on Ebay, and follow two rules: #1- Great pics, and a bunch of them. Adding pics are $.15 each, and I post 10 or so. Also, make sure that the pics are high res, and are clean, meaning that you use a sheet or something as a backdrop, with a lot of light. #2- Give as much honest information that you can. Tell all of the little problems (scratches, etc) which shows those looking that you aren't hiding anything.

Set the starting bid at the lowest you'll take, and list it for 3 days. Longer time lets people forget about your auction...

Good luck!!!

I think the market is slowing down right now. I sold some J-reds a few weeks ago and had no luck getting more than $130 for fully rebuilt 621's. I had done crank bearings, seals, ring,.....the whole nine yards. The last ones I sold last year brought over $180, but this year, I only got $130. I lost money on the deal(if you count labor), but you take the good with the bad. The 70E that I sold a few months ago(before the meltdown) went for $306 + shipping, so that $25 saw balanced out the low side on the others.

I also offer a return policy if I have worked on the saw. I ended up having to pay for a saw to come back to me because it was damaged in shipment. I had to replace the entire crankcase and back handle, but I did it so I would keep my 100% rating. I also learned to use a slightly bigger box so it never happens again.

I would wait awhile before putting it up, but maybe the market is so on the 910 that it won't bring what you want for awhile. Sit on it and see what the market does.

Back