Where is Mr. Bob L?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
He has been pretty much MIA here lately, Hope all is well with the fella.

I just had a weeks vacation working 9 days solid (7 am to 8 pm) on my new and shop.
Set myself on fire with my angle grinder - just burnt a 4" hole in my shirt.
Ended up with calloused and blackened hands - real workmans hands - not white collar hands!
In short I had a great tome

Put in the second Western Aussie Redgum benchtop.
187209d1308051812-b12-jpg

Welded up a set of metal and timber shelves to store my metal work lathe tools and CS parts.
187213d1308051917-shelvesmetal-jpg

Welded up a door frame and door for a back door to my shop

Jacking up the roof of the old shed so the roofline of the old shop is level (old shop had slumped 5" in one corner over 33 years) .

Built a 13 ft long steel truss. This enabled me to remove a steel post in the middle of the gap between old and new shop ao now this space is completely open.
187210d1308051819-truss2-jpg

187211d1308051825-trussin-jpg

Here is a 360 degree shot of the old shop (left) and new shop (RHS).
187212d1308051835-panosheds-jpg

The internals of the old shed need to be removed as I am laying a new concrete floor.

Last edited:
Love your work Bob - and your shop!!! Extremely jealous.

Btw - you probably don't remember, but I met you at a display of your tools and others' paintings once in your department.

We used to be Anna Mulders' neighbour when she lived in Perth.

Nice work Bob! Various people have been cursing your name under their breath (myself included) recently as some of your posts have encouraged a more scientific approach to chain sharpening.

Are you coming to the September GTG in melbourne? Looks like quite a few aus members will be there. There's a sticky in the chainsaw forum.

Shaun

Nice work Bob!
Cheers Shaun.

Various people have been cursing your name under their breath (myself included) recently as some of your posts have encouraged a more scientific approach to chain sharpening.
Well as long as you're cutting faster/longer and it takes load off the powerhead I reckon it's worth it.

Are you coming to the September GTG in melbourne? Looks like quite a few aus members will be there. There's a sticky in the chainsaw forum.
Shaun

Love to be there and cost is not an issue as I have frequent flyer points coming out of my ears. Unfortunately time is my big problem, I'm shortly off on a 5 week trip to the US and Canada. And I have to go to Melbourne for business on the 28-29 Sept so my chances of making the GTG are slim - I'll know better when I get back from the US in August.

Ha - well I call it the states but I guess it's the defacto 51st state (Puerto Rico)

nice! my wife and i have been to pr a bunch. if you get a chance try to make it out to culebra or vieques. excellent snorkeling/diving and very laid back.

Back