Where is NWCS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading unpleasant posts to Ben from an unhappy customer one minute, then bang, NWCS is gone from the site the next. I don't know if it was the doing of Ben or moderators, but that stuff can't be good for business on a public web site.

I was reading unpleasant posts to Ben from an unhappy customer one minute, then bang, NWCS is gone from the site the next. I don't know if it was the doing of Ben or moderators, but that stuff can't be good for business on a public web site.

When did that happen?

Yesterday, right before NWCS disappeared. Someone felt that they were being lied to about the status of 2 mufflers and were demanding them back by today,"or this will not turn out well for you".

im still alive. those mufflers went out this morning via overnight delivery. tried to get them out yesterday but i had missed the DHL cutoff for pickup. tracking number and all was supplied to him.. my website is still going strong and im still in business.

Yesterday, right before NWCS disappeared. Someone felt that they were being lied to about the status of 2 mufflers and were demanding them back by today,"or this will not turn out well for you".

I am the one who had an issue with Ben.

On November 17, I sent Ben two mufflers to be modded. He told me that the turn time would be 1 to 2 weeks. Here is the quote from his email:

"the current turnaround time is about 1-2 weeks. each muffler is $30 and that includes the return shipping via priority mail insured. i take paypal, money orders and personal checks. "

I sent the mufflers, and he received them on November 24.

I started calling and emailing about a month later, with no response at all from Ben.

After multiple futile attempts to contact Ben, I finally registered on this site and posted a question for him about the mufflers on his forum on January 16th. Ben immediately deleted my thread, and sent me this PM:

"your mufflers are boxed and ready to go. i am sorry for the delays. the box with the mufflers fell behind the bench. again i do appologise for this and they are going out in a rush!"

The next day I got an email form Ben saying that the mufflers were going out that day, and that a refund was enclosed.

I allowed 13 days for the mufflers to arrive. I figured that since they were "going out in a rush", that should be sufficient time for them to arrive in California from Washington.

When nearly two weeks went by with no mufflers, I called, emailed, and finally posted again. He responded that they were ready for pickup, but that the truck had already passed. Now, I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I seriously doubt that the truck had passed by for 13 days. The only logical conclusion is that they were never ready before as he claimed.

As of yesterday they still had not been sent.

Ben has not returned a single phone call or email since he received the mufflers and the money, and I am confident that without having the public forum to put pressure on him, I would had no chance of seeing my mufflers again. I am still not too confident that I will ever see them.

I know that I am the new guy on the forum and will likely get slayed by legions of posters who will stand up for Ben. I will probably get accused of logging on with an agenda. However, the facts remain, and I will be happy to provide documentation of everything I have posted here, including the list of unanswered emails, and a copy of my phone bill showing the calls to Ben that were unanswered and unreturned.

Charley: you are mistaken on a few things. but i do admit that this situation was a complete breakdown. your mufflers are scheduled for wed by 10:30am so it is done. if you consider this a lie that is your own choice..

Charley: you are mistaken on a few things. but i do admit that this situation was a complete breakdown. your mufflers are scheduled for wed by 10:30am so it is done. if you consider this a lie that is your own choice..

I am new here also, but since no one else has asked...

NWCS, I see you say that Charley is mistaken on a few things so,
did it really take 8 plus weeks to get his mufflers done and back in the mail?
Did you offer him a refund?
And will you still be giving him the refund?

The only reason I ask is because I too may need your services in the future.
Just trying to get both sides of the story for my benefit.

I would encourage Charley to become a part of this forum, and to let us know how his mufflers turned out.

I too have been frustrated by Internet businesses that have seemed "slow" or do not respond in a timely manner.
I feel it is a part of the problem with the Internet, that is, seeming to be detached from "real world" face to face encounters with customers and business owners.

My take is a business on the Internet should take extra steps to make the connections and keep the lines of communication open and flowing.

Just my 2 cents.
Feel free to enlighten me

sorry abou all yer trouble

sorry to hear . take solice we all have hadthings like this happen. also take him to small claims court or contact the better business bureua.
luck to ya
timberrat

nwcs

I've read most of the posts and have to believe that this is a learning experience for ben. Stuff like this happens to everyone when in business. Only time will tell if he can learn from this. I would like to think this is not going to happen again. I've heard his work is pretty good... Good luck Ben...

I never posted this before, but I bought a saw from Ben off Ebay and it took over 2 months to get to me.

That was while he was still working for Dean. He said he'd make it right and I gave him several options. None of which he took.

He wanted to give me a price break on a modification. Why would I pay someone, who I'm pretty sure can't build a saw as fast as me, to build a saw for me?

Fred

truth

The Truth Will Set YOU Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Now that Ben is no longer a sponser, I have had few dealings with him, none of which went well, and will have NO MORE!

Latest posts

Back