Where is NWCS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not see eye to eye with Ben for the most part and not a big fan because of some of our history, but I think you guys need to lay off a little, especially those who have never dealt with him directly. It is obvious that there a few on here that are out to smear him for no other reason then you have your noses up another builders ars. You have already humiliated him and your points were made. To keep at this is nothing more than harassment and the moderators need to put an end to it.
This is not to say that people who have dealt with him directly should not have the right to voice themselves but those who have not need to back off a little.

Look every business has it's problems. I have had my share and most every one else who starts a business has them and it is a learning experience. I say let it go and and let him start fresh. I bet this will make a big change in NWCS.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Dean, very good post!

I'm going to take a rare moment and agree with Dean here. seems that now the origional question everyone was asking has been answered by Ben and Charley.
I see no problem with people speaking honestly about their experience with any sponsor on site, and agree with Dean about this not needing to become a witch hunt.
ok, reopened, it was brought to my attn that some members are still waiting on stuff. There are a few on this thread for no other reason than builder bias, they know who they are. this thread is for concerns from customers, not lynching by other builder's cheerleaders.
-Ralph

Last edited:
your mufflers are boxed and ready to go. i am sorry for the delays. the box with the mufflers fell behind the bench. again i do appologise for this and they are going out in a rush!"

Holy SH**! I hate to knock people but that is the "EXACT" excuse he gave me after my muffler was out for way over a month. The behind the bench trick. I know things can become crazy and deadlines are missed and that is all well and good. As long as I am told "Hey, I am a bit backed up and it may be a few days longer". I have no problem with that at all. The thing I have a problem with is being fed one line of ???? after the next. Don't lie to me. Give me the truth then my product. Not excuses. Thanks.........

Last edited:
I'm not builder bias. If Ben doesn't come through then I will go to Dean. I don't know either one of these guys personally.

I started this thread because I wanted to know where Ben was. I was a little worried after not seeing him in the sponser section anymore. I'm still sending my saw to him....

I do not see eye to eye with Ben for the most part and not a big fan because of some of our history, but I think you guys need to lay off a little, especially those who have never dealt with him directly. It is obvious that there a few on here that are out to smear him for no other reason then you have your noses up another builders ars. You have already humiliated him and your points were made. To keep at this is nothing more than harassment and the moderators need to put an end to it.
This is not to say that people who have dealt with him directly should not have the right to voice themselves but those who have not need to back off a little.

Look every business has it's problems. I have had my share and most every one else who starts a business has them and it is a learning experience. I say let it go and and let him start fresh. I bet this will make a big change in NWCS.

Yeah, what he said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dean, I dont see one instance of any poster in this thread pushing an agenda other than to get Charley his mufflers and to let it be known what happened so other people dont run into the same problems.
The main thing is Charley's mufflers are on the way and Ben has soiled his reputation. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can think of only 2 saw builders that haven't been run out of here on a rail. Ken Dunn and Dean. All the others were caught red handed being crooks or Liars! It's a tough business, building the saws is the easy part.

Dennis, I don't know anything about dealings with Ben Olsen and don't have an opinion until I have delt with him, however, Dave Neiger was'nt ran out on a rail like the others you alluded to, in fact he was the only one who could get my 999 running right. But I'm sure you didn't mean to group him with the other saw builder has beens.
I think this works in a positive way, it forces and makes us want to build our own saws which is about involved as tying your own shoelaces if you have some basic mechanical skills. After you have done it a few times you realize it's all quite rudementry and doesn't require someone with half the intellegence of yourself to modify a muffler or do a gentle port job.
Not trying to discredit those builders with decades of saw building experience, but rather just be self assured you can do alot of your own work which is what this site is all about. Just beware of the ones who tell you lies and feed you candy.
Speaking of getting shafted, I thought Cahoon had put the wood to me when I ordered 2 Carlton bars from him on Dec 12 th. I just got them today 6 weeks after he shipped them.
Sorry Dennis that I called you a cull, a stunt midget and that short people got no reason to live.
John

Last edited:
I'm still sending my saw to him....

Hopefully it won't fall behind the bench :hmm3grin2orange:

Also I've got some Enron stock for sale if you PM me. They may make a comeback.

I Agree,
But, Enough is Enough !!
The point has been made!!
Man, Give the man a chance to recover from all this bashing.
He must be extremly busy at this time.
With all the post's that mention the jobs being brought to him,
he does seem to be overwhelmed with his workload.
But, with so much negativity,
I personaly, would feel like SH!T.
Let's hope he can recover from this,
and make things better for all of us. :rock:

Speaking of getting shafted, I thought Cahoon had put the wood to me when I ordered 2 Carlton bars from him on Dec 12 th. I just got them today 6 weeks after he shipped them. John

Hey Gypo.....Those bars must have fallen down behind the bench at the Customs Office!....Hahahahahahaha! :cheers:

Yeah, I'll take the stock. I also just got a deal on some factory refurbished Wildthings. I bought 20 of them for $300 each.:buttkick:

Okay

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days and need to shed a little more light into this. Last fall I sent a 346xp to Ben, and an MS361 to Dean. It takes 4 days one-way just for shipping so add that to these time frames as well. My 346xp that Ben did was out of my hands for a total of 2.5 weeks. Very fast turn around and the saw has been everything it should be. My MS361 that Dean did was out of my hands for 2 months. My e-mails were ignored by Dean until I contacted him through Arboristsite. He replied back and was man enough to admit that he was overloaded with work and was in the process of training new help and working through the struggle. The saw has been great once I got it and would not hesitate to recommend him. In fact it runs like a r@ped Ape!!! Everyone has there bad days... I own my own Sign Company and there are days that we are Top notch and other days I wonder if all of my employees can even count to 10 without stopping.

Just wanted to throw Ben a bone and show a "positive" example of what has happened here. I developed another un-related issue with the 346xp a month ago and took it up to Big Dave (now that I have found Dave (about 1.5hrs from me) I have been having him do any repairs or mods that I "need." He commented that he thought Ben did a very nice job on the saw.

My .07 cents worth of input!

Big Dave should be good that is all he has ever done!!! 25 years ago I was racing saws that Dave built. He dose a great job. He also puts on a great lumberjack show every 4th of July.

Rick

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days and need to shed a little more light into this. Last fall I sent a 346xp to Ben, and an MS361 to Dean. It takes 4 days one-way just for shipping so add that to these time frames as well. My 346xp that Ben did was out of my hands for a total of 2.5 weeks. Very fast turn around and the saw has been everything it should be. My MS361 that Dean did was out of my hands for 2 months. My e-mails were ignored by Dean until I contacted him through Arboristsite. He replied back and was man enough to admit that he was overloaded with work and was in the process of training new help and working through the struggle. The saw has been great once I got it and would not hesitate to recommend him. In fact it runs like a r@ped Ape!!! Everyone has there bad days... I own my own Sign Company and there are days that we are Top notch and other days I wonder if all of my employees can even count to 10 without stopping.

Just wanted to throw Ben a bone and show a "positive" example of what has happened here. I developed another un-related issue with the 346xp a month ago and took it up to Big Dave (now that I have found Dave (about 1.5hrs from me) I have been having him do any repairs or mods that I "need." He commented that he thought Ben did a very nice job on the saw.

My .07 cents worth of input!

Good to read something positive :clap: I hope more will come forward as well!!

No problemo with Ben!!!!!

Good to read something positive :clap: I hope more will come forward as well!!

He did the cylinder, piston, carb, & muffler on my 266,,,, over a year ago It freakin Rocks :rock: It did take him a little while to get it shipped,,,,, but nothing too far out of the ordinary for shipping to the great NW & back,,,,
to the coastal plains of Texas,,,,,bout 55 mi. inland of the Gulf of Mexico!!!

You go Ben!!!!! :rockn: :rockn: :rockn:

This is good advise. Some people just like to kick a person when he's down. That is BAD KARMA. Only time will tell but I'll bet everyone who has read the full thread here will learn something...bob

Latest posts

Back