Where to buy Carlton nk1 online or NC?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pictsidhe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Trying to find a US source of non safety nk1; narrow kerf 325 050, anybody know where to get it? Online or in NC between Winston and robbinsville would be good. I thought Bailey's woodsman pro was Carlton, but its that trilink junk.

Are you an ebay user? That product does seem to go pretty "cheap" if it is "auction style" at least to my observation.
I am not sure how to feel about that 0.325NK stuff but like the Oregon 95vp better even if it has the bumper drive links. That has been improved to 95vpx and then further improved to a recently released product 95txl.

I eBay sometimes. I can only find the safety stuff on eBay. I bought a loop of 20nk from Baileys; they sent trilink I've not used Oregon in 15 years, have they switched to steel from the soft cheese they used to use?

I'm not a fan of Oregon, too soft for me. A bit more googling, Carlton no longer lists the non safety k1nk, so it seems I'm SOL. Am I right in thinking stihl doesn't make 325nk?

pretty sure the NK chain from carlton has bumper links but will check in the morning.

Carlton (Blount) manufactures everything except Woodlandpro 20NK today. 20NK is currently manufactured by Tri-Link.

I'm not a fan of Oregon, too soft for me. A bit more googling, Carlton no longer lists the non safety k1nk, so it seems I'm SOL. Am I right in thinking stihl doesn't make 325nk?

I do not see it on Stihlusa.

I think it would be a pretty rare find in the RTP area.

As you can see at one time in the not too distant past the woodland pro 20Nk had k1 on the drive links and made in the USA on the label. Makes things easy to give out false information on forums like this.

At least Bailey's is clarifying. I went through a similar thing with Airco and welding products, they (their employee) insist the maker is something that it is no longer. I want to say it was tweco but whatever it was they wrote back and said they were no longer the supplier. Told me how to look for stamping marks to be sure.

Attachments

• woodland pro nk chain box label.JPG
    woodland pro nk chain box label.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back