where to get semi-skip .375,, .58 chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i would like to try a semi skip chain on my 372 with 28" bar. i looked at baileys and no luck. looking for 3/8 .58 square ground semi-skip. any help would be great. thanks

Square Ground Semi Skip

I know I have it in .050" 72 chain I will check to see if I have any in .058" 73 chain.

Scott

i would like to try a semi skip chain on my 372 with 28" bar. i looked at baileys and no luck. looking for 3/8 .58 square ground semi-skip. any help would be great. thanks

I got some from Baileys when I got my 32" bar for the 920. Probably about 2 years ago, now. .050 is definitely easier to find that .058......also a bit cheaper sometimes.

If you have a Dremel tool - you can make your own. Just cut off the top plate on every third cutter.

Howdy,
If you find some, it'll be sitting on someones shelf gathering dust. It's been quite awhile since Oregon quit producing it.
Semi skip has a LH and a RH cutter in full comp. sequence followed by a LH and RH cutter in full skip sequence.
Regards
Gregg

so it appears i am shat out of luck... well it was a vallient effort on all parts. thanks to all for the help in the search for a apparently rair chain. is a semi-skip possably considerd the best of both worlds? not quite full but not quite full skip? or should i just stick with the full comp?

When I cut timber 15 + years ago I used semi skip because I felt it was the best of both worlds, smoother than skip, less teeth to file than comp. I've run it in both .404 and 3/8. I still have some .404 but no 3/8 left. 73 ck is what you want, good luck.

Latest posts

Back