Which brand of helmet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of the two helmets I currently have. The orange one goes with my Stihls the blue one goes with my Farmtrac tractor. . . .The blue one is a Bullard model S51 Made in USA. The orange one is from MSA (Mine Safety Appliance Company) Pa, USA.

MSA sells ear muffs and a mesh visor that will fit onto your orange helmet, assuming that it is in good condition. You probably need to order them from a safety supply house that handles MSA. Might be able to get them through Grainger.

mesh visor p/n 476356
visor frame p/n 10080783
chip arrestor p/n 10080794
ear muffs p/n 10061272

I only have these numbers because I am trying out a set.

Philbert

I wear safety glasses at all times and use ear plugs when needed. I hate being burdened with excess and hot equipment when working in the woods...Carl
That's funny because I was thinking good thing I have ear muffs on my Jred helmet, as I would have lost a ear to frost bite:cheers:

MSA sells ear muffs and a mesh visor that will fit onto your orange helmet, assuming that it is in good condition. You probably need to order them from a safety supply house that handles MSA. Might be able to get them through Grainger.

mesh visor p/n 476356
visor frame p/n 10080783
chip arrestor p/n 10080794
ear muffs p/n 10061272

I only have these numbers because I am trying out a set.

Philbert

Thanks for that info. I'll look into it...Carl

Wow, I forgot that it was Friday the 13! I went to buy the husqvarna yesterday during my lunch break. The only one they had was already opened, but it didn't look like anything in the box had been disturbed. Got it out to the truck, opened up the box, started putting it together. I was disapointed because some of the plastic covers were popping off before I even got it all put together. When I was done it was missing one of the arms that holds the visor. Sooo, I took it back in and spoke to the cashier. She sent me back to the service desk. The guy finally comes back inside, and comes to check on me. He pulls it out of the box, I showed him what was missing. He asked if there was another on the shelf, I said no. He sends me back to the cashier for a refund. I get back to the cashier, and she's trying to ring out this farmer. I'm not sure what was takeing so long, but it must have taken 5 min for her to clear his check. She's just not the fastest car on the track I guess. Anyway, so she scanns the box and asks me to swipe my card. It was in my coat pocket that I had taken off in the truck because it was too warm out. So she breaks out the "long form" and fills it all out so that she could issue me a cash refund. I've been in here for 30 min at this point. I get the money back, stop buy the local choke and puke drive through so that I can get something to eat before I get back to the plant, and then head over to the Stihl dealership in town. At the stop light I open my sandwich and it all slides apart and falls on the floor. Good thing it was only $1. Things go well at the Stihl dealership. I pay $5 more for a Stihl helmet, but I'm glad that I did. The helmet was already assembled, and looks to be built better than the Husqvarna. For clarification, I'm sure the Husqvarna was a "home owner" modle since I bought it at a tractor supply store.

So now I have my helmet. Fits good, and I like it :) and it's no longer Friday the 13th.....

I like the husky and rockman hard hatsthey have vent holes in them. They keep your head a lot cooler in warm weather.

I'm finding it quite interesting how many options Rockman has for their forestry helmet. So far, Bailey's seems to be the only US dealer, but they're not stocking all of the optional items. I don't hold that against them, but the model they sell has the nylon screen and I want the steel foil.

Back