Which is better Stihl or Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every body knows the best saw for the money is a PURPLE POULAN, you can get one on craigs list any time for $20 bucks!!!!!

for some reason that is not true around here, they are asking only a few bucks less than the price new on c-list lately.:msp_confused:

scary

It's been said before but it's all in your personal preference, and the quality of service you have in your area. I go to a shop that deals both Husky and Stihl so I have to look at the pros and cons of the individual saws. I've only owned one Stihl (MS365) and didn't care for the weight or balance of the saw. Tryed my buddy's 346XP, 359 and 371XP and really liked all of them. Bought a 562XP a month ago and nothing compares to it.

I own and cut with both Husky and Stihl. Both brands had their lows. Both brands had their highs. Im not brand loyal. Sometimes I will cut a tree with a Stihl and the next one with a Husky. Both brands had dropped and cut up numerous trees for me. Im not picky as long as the job gets done.

I've always found Stihls to be heavy, which is the main reason why I don't touch them. The second being their crap fuel caps. :jester:

I like the feel and performance of Husky, so why would I want a sthil? :msp_sleep:

I've owned both brands new and used. I always thought the Stihl's were built tougher and the Huskies a bit lighter, like an American vs Toyota truck. And I've always have small problems with Stihl's and never with Husqvarna just like the truck thing. The dealer makes the biggest difference since they're both make great saws. I also like the cheaper parts for Huskies even though I rarely need them! I also don't like flippy caps.

Will it depends on what model it is, Stihl make some not so good saws same with husky example do you have to take 4 screw off to clean the air filter vs it just just pops off or a special tools to adjust the carb there always a negative to every thing Like I own a Outboard that has a Automatic Transmission good news is I like the feature bad new does not idle that good as Johnson sea horse can go any where without breaking down, so what ever fits you.

The best saw is one with a sharp chain. They will all do the same thing, some faster by a few seconds, if that. I personally like the Stihl, comfort wise.
If you only cutting firewood with logs 12in across and smaller you can get a Stihl 026 or MS260 MS261 AND IT WILL DO THE JOB. If your cutting 20" and bigger logs sthil 044 046 MS440 ms441 MS460, Whatever you do, dont get the Farmboss ms290 ms291. I like to have at least 2 saws, a smaller saw for the smaller stuff, lighter weight, and a mid/larger saw for the big stuff. If you never used a Chainsaw, start with the smaller saw, and work your way up. My all time favorite would be Stihl 044, it will crush those farmboss saws ms290. Hope this helps.

7 years late there lol, I wonder what op ended up with

Yeah, I just found that thread. You want some fun reading, do a search of John Lambert, Gypo Logger, Walt Galer, Beavergirl, Huskyman, Rockysquirrel.......

There are very few still around from even 04 when I started let alone 01 when u were here and it is kinda too bad.

Actually I joined here because somehow it was somehow related to "Lawnsite" and I originally
started helping folks with their lawn mowers, I was big on another site that has since sunk into
the internet swamp, but in it's hayday, this site was huge. It was run with an iron fist, but that is
why it flourished.

I stayed there for many years after Lambert was cast out of the "garden", he first tried starting
his own forum, but came here after I told him how nice it was here, then Arboristsite exploded
with activity when he moved here, and he brought droves here, he really deserves some
serious recognition.

Before that time, I was chastised for even typing the word beer in the same thread about chainsaws.

But when John showed up, he posted pics and videos, which most of us saw hicks still have trouble doing, but he also had a gene that stirred poop constantly, and his pics and movies,
and his habit of posing naked, and starting fights, caught up.

But those days were great, fun as hell.

Darin launched a program, called "Parachat", that was an early IM chatroom, but you could post
using anyusername that you could think of.

Darin even joined in the fun, at least we think it was him....

I came up one night with the username "Montanasky" which was an obvious attempt to pretend
to be Walt Galer, and somehow the chat degenerated into a lewd disscussion about Llama
husbandry. So the next day or so, I changed my signature to include raising Llamas.

Within a day or two, I got a p.m. from Walt with questions about Llamas, and so the Llama
thing stuck up until a couple of years ago, when I took the Llama crap off.

The other downside was the start of the username switching, impersonating, etc...

But other than that one instance, I ever have put up anything here, except under the username "Fish"...

When I stumble upon really old threads, I see alot of the same older names, but most of them are banned now. I figure something must have went down years ago for all of the originals to have been shipped out like that. They mostly seemed to be cool cats from reading their post.
I always seen one name I remember, "Jokers". But he's banned too I believe.

When I stumble upon really old threads, I see alot of the same older names, but most of them are banned now. I figure something must have went down years ago for all of the originals to have been shipped out like that. They mostly seemed to be cool cats from reading their post.
I always seen one name I remember, "Jokers". But he's banned too I believe.

imo Jokers was a moron, but that is my opinion

Back