which saw to buy....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which saw to go for 60cc range...

• husky 562xp

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • stihl ms 362

Votes: 16 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geal

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im going for a new saw around the 60cc i have a ms 361 but want either the new 362 or husky 562xp which one would you go for thanks....

im going for a new saw around the 60cc i have a ms 361 but want either the new 362 or husky 562xp which one would you go for thanks....

I would go for the great saw you already have!!!
That being said, I can't see myself ever buying another Stihl product new, due to their protectionist bullcrap business practices.

I guess that leaves the 562.

Mike

Get a 560xp, to keep the weight on the same level as the 361. The 562xp is a bit heavier, and the 362 more so.

The new Huskys actually have all the advantages, and the MS362 an air filtration issue - so it isn't even a close call! :msp_wink:

Get a 560xp, to keep the weight on the same level as the 361. The 562xp is a bit heavier, and the 362 more so.

The new Huskys actually have all the advantages, and the MS362 an air filtration issue - so it isn't even a close call! :msp_wink:

Niko I love ya buddy, but don't you remember seeing the 362 on a scale? it weighs the same as the 562 +- an ounce or so.:)

I say stick with the 361, they're simple as dirt and just as reliable and can be made to run really well. Now if you just want something new with a lot more power, sell the 361 and buy yourself a good 70cc saw. I personally think anyone that has a good 50cc saw and a good 70cc saw, has no reason to own any 60cc saw IMHO. I had both the 361 and 362 and I don't miss either one.

Yes, if I had the choice between a 560xp and 562xp. I'd quickly take the 560xp...

Niko I love ya buddy, but don't you remember seeing the 362 on a scale? it weighs the same as the 562 +- an ounce or so.:)

I say stick with the 361, they're simple as dirt and just as reliable and can be made to run really well. Now if you just want something new with a lot more power, sell the 361 and buy yourself a good 70cc saw. I personally think anyone that has a good 50cc saw and a good 70cc saw, has no reason to own any 60cc saw IMHO. I had both the 361 and 362 and I don't miss either one.

i already have a good 70cc a 372xp big bore, ms361 big bore, ms250 and an 880 just fancy to try something a little different.

i already have a good 70cc a 372xp big bore, ms361 big bore, ms250 and an 880 just fancy to try something a little different.

If different is what you're after, then why not consider the echo suggestion, or go real different and get a Poulan 3600, or a Mac 6-10A:rock:

Not empty powerhead, according to the KWF test lab - they found a .2 kg/.4 lbs difference.....

Yes it is 200g but that translates into less than 2 McDonalds Big Macs, which some guys should be eating more of if that little difference in weight bothers them.

I'd be basing my saw purchases on more than that little difference like how it feels in my hands, but thats just me.

I just modded a 361 for a tree service in MA......

Just got off the phone with em......they like it. :msp_thumbup:

Back