White Pine milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that I think about it i bet we've been bidding against each other on ebay. If you need any parts feel free to pm me. I have a few extra parts.

I am giong to open up a can of worms probably, but I am giong to reopen that older thread on this subject. I have some more information to post.

I have bought most of my stuff new from the local Stihl dealer. I did recently buy a brand new starter cover off of EBAY for this saw. $65.00 including shipping. Not bad for a $180.00 part.

Now that I think about it i bet we've been bidding against each other on ebay. If you need any parts feel free to pm me. I have a few extra parts.

Thank you for replying on the thread I reopned. We'll see what we get and maybe someone has completed this conversion.

That is really great news. I will double check my oil passages from the oil tank to the oiler. Worse case scenario would be having to drill through a boss or something.

Do you have a good used cylinder and piston?

That is really great news. I will double check my oil passages from the oil tank to the oiler. Worse case scenario would be having to drill through a boss or something.

Do you have a good used cylinder and piston?

picture.php

It almost looks like a plug.

I don't have a p&c. I was waiting till I got all the parts together and make sure its gonna work first. I'm still looking for the walbro carb also.

picture.php

It almost looks like a plug.

I don't have a p&c. I was waiting till I got all the parts together and make sure its gonna work first. I'm still looking for the walbro carb also.

+1 on the Walbro WS-26 carb. The P/N for the WS-26 is 1111 120 0605 and has been replaced with P/N 1111 120 0608 (Walbro WJ-112) for $127.00 at the Stihl dealer.

I will send you a PM.

+1 on the Walbro WS-26 carb. The P/N for the WS-26 is 1111 120 0605 and has been replaced with P/N 1111 120 0608 (Walbro WJ-112) for $127.00 at the Stihl dealer.

I will send you a PM.

I have the WS-26 on my 076 but it wasn't labeled a super. I also have 2 of the Tillotson carbs.

My dealer quoted me $131 for the WJ-112

Do you happen to have the number for the TS-760 2 stud air filter cover. I have the mount. I just need the cover.

. Where the manual oiler would be was a bolt screwed into the case. Looks to like my case was a 076 case.

. . . . .

I know the manual oiler will work due to their being a tapped hole with just a bolt screwed in.

I'd forget about using the manual oiler. On the 076 the manual oiler not worth a dime for milling. It is very poorly located so the operator has to reach down low to access it and even then the operators wrist is at the wrong angle and turns milling into an ergonomic nightmare. Even if the operator can get at it without being a contortionist, these pumps are quite stiff so cannot be operated for more than about 10 seconds or so at a time without a break. I did think about fitting a lever/linkage that would make it easier to use while standing upright at the mill but realized that also meant growing a 3rd hand so I figured it was easier to add an aux-oiler.

If you cannot get the oil pump working I would go with BBs idea of " . . . add a auxiliary oiler to both sides.'

Thanks Bob and I think it will work. Betterbuilt has a 076 with the same part numbers on his cases. I agree with you 100% on 075/076 manual oiler!! They are in pain in the rear. I am only putting it on the saw for restoration completeness. I can count the number of times I have used my 075's on one hand.

Im going to tear into mine tomorrow and do some investigating. This has gotten me all excited.

Im going to tear into mine tomorrow and do some investigating. This has gotten me all excited.

If you were wanting to mill with it you wouldn't need to have an oiler.

You would need to change add a drum, oiler gear, add a chain tensioner. The clutch should work if its serviceable. You'd need the bar plates and a cover for the bar. I think you'd be in business with an oiler on the other end of the bar.

Last edited:
Conversion

Glad to see all the interest in this. I can't wait to get back into my saws, especially this one when I get back home. I am going to make it an 076 Super. Already have new Brazalian made parts for it. You all pray for the Armed Forces and their families. Thank you and have a blessed evening.

Trever

Glad to see all the interest in this. I can't wait to get back into my saws, especially this one when I get back home. I am going to make it an 076 Super. Already have new Brazalian made parts for it. You all pray for the Armed Forces and their families. Thank you and have a blessed evening.

Trever

I'm looking forward to your build. Take care of yourself. I was in the 160th when this all started so your not far from my thoughts.

I tore the side cover off of my chop saw and low and behold there was a tensioner bolt and bar plate. I'm still going to attempt to convert it back to a chain saw.

I tore the side cover off of my chop saw and low and behold there was a tensioner bolt and bar plate. I'm still going to attempt to convert it back to a chain saw.

I was looking at mine today and I think it's possible but your gonna need an oiler and all the other accessories. Your also gonna have to figure out how the oil gets to the oiler.

You should check the bearings and crank if you tear it down. I have a few cases here and the some of the cranks are worn pretty
good.

The last 4 digits on the case are 0810. I'm not sure if that matters. I will post better pics tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back