Who here bought saws from Roger Collins back in Feb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thread has mysteriously disappeared but here was the link.....
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/collectible-husqvarna-saws.252697/

I bought 2 saws- a 262xp and a 254xp. Both saws were described to me as "oem" "prestine" and in "perfect running condition".

What Im interested in (since we cant get into a deleted thread) is who else bought saws from Roger? Have you been inside the saws? And did you get what you paid for? I am mostly interested in other's experiences with Roger since several of you bought saws from him.

Edited this post as the Seller has rectified the situation on my purchase.
i am the seller of the husqvarna saws that were listed on this site in february-i have collected husky saws over the last 20 years,some purchased new,some from individuals.i have about 40 saws that i run at least once a month.although i do perform minor maintenance on them(change plugs,sprockets,carb adjustments,etc.) i have never broken a saw down to replace piston/cylinder/bearings because i do not have that level of mechanical ability.all of the saws that i originally posted were either bought new by myself or purchased from individuals that stated/claimed they were all original(oem).i trusted what was said and externally visually inspected them-i did not tear them down to look at internals,etc.i did not misrepresent the saws.the reason that i removed the post concerns the following-i had a 3120xp listed that i had purchased from an individual-it sold and when the buyer received it after breaking it down he called me saying that the piston was not oem.i gladly refunded his money and even paid for his return shipping,when i received it back i decided to purchase an oem piston/cylinder and replace it since everything else was oem,the shop i took it to for the work called me and told me the carb had been taken apart-i had to purchase a new oem carb;after this episode i decided to remove the saws for sale, the only problems i am aware of regarding the saws i sold were the 3120xp(gave a full refund) and the 254/262 that mastermind contacted me about(i paid for two new pistons)-in contrast to this please review the post that bryan snelling wrote about the 288xp he bought from me-totally pleased AFTER he broke it down claiming it was almost new.i sincerely apologize for any issues-i have tried to correct any problems as best i can.i still do have a lot of saws that i would be interesed in selling if anybody is interested(154,242,246,254,261,61,262,268,272,288,3120,2100cd,2101xp,etc.) i hope that this explanation clarifies any questions

Sneetches Ain’t Snitches
Do you remember the Sneetches?

Some had stars on their bellies, and some did not. The starred shunned the bare until an enterprising gentleman (named Sylvester McMonkey McBean, no less) came to town with a machine that could put stars on any Sneetches willing to pay. And so all the bare became starred, which angered the naturally starred, who naturally went through the machine themselves to be de-starred, so that they could be superior to the newly starred. Then the Sneetches who had bought stars suddenly wanted them removed, and the cycle continued until everyone lost track of who was starred and who was not and who was superior and who was not. And they all became friends in the end.

Go Dogs Go was an easier read...but not as thought provoking.

Roger,
Thanks for the explanation of why the listing was removed and for the resolution to the issue. Your plight with the 3120 reminds me of a deal I did on a Jonsered 2095. Saw passed the comp test (field version- holding by string), and it started on the 3rd pull so I bought it from the guy for $350. He seemed very trustworthy. Told me he had gone thru it and replaced the seals etc and was perfect. Hell, the guy was driving a Volvo and had kids in the back seat. Got it to Randy and he calls me with bad news. Had to order a bunch of special order Jonsered parts and all of a sudden I had $1000 in a saw that realistically was worth $500- $600 ported. I was bitter about that for a long time and have never lived it down with my wife... who absolutely hates my facination with saws now. I apologize for jumping the gun on you. Many have been burned by guys coming in and listing saws and then disappearing and never posting again. When I saw the thread gone- I assumed the worst. So in front of all my friends and members here, I am sorry I cast a bad light on you and brought this to the open forum, and I hope you can forgive me.

Regards,
Steven

Thanks for the post Roger.

If you're not the original owner of a saw, you can never be sure what has been done to it. I see quite a few saws come into the shop that have been altered in one way or another. And in fairness to Roger, (or anybody), no one should be expected to disassemble a saw before reselling it to verify that all parts are OEM. And if he's making good on this stuff, then it's all cool.

I had something like this happen to me a few years back. Got a Jonny 670 from a member who is also a friend, (and was not the original owner). Saw sort of ran OK, but clearly not like it should have. Tore it down and found someone had installed an aftermarket non-windowed piston for a 268 open port. Installed the proper piston and it runs great. Knowing the guy I got it from wasn't the original owner, I don't think I ever even mentioned it to him.

Let Randy get it first and confirm a) its the right one and b) its not a piece of junk. After all, we don't want another one of "these" situations again do we? :)

arhhh:confused: i didnt see this first.... just saw the pm with your paypal.:laugh: I sent ya $40. thanks for offering it and we'll hope for the best. :rock:

Well that's mighty generous, much more than necessary. Im quite sure it will work, as I did have it installed on a running 44 rancher for a short time. :rock:But you never know with these things. It is and HDA 120 and I remember taking it off a 262xp. This was before I was into saws and the saw was complete but roached parts saw. It wasnt mine but If I knew what I know now :eek:. If it its needs a rebuilt kit or something let me know and I will refund the money. Randy, video documentation will be necessary :chop:

Roger,
Thanks for the explanation of why the listing was removed and for the resolution to the issue. Your plight with the 3120 reminds me of a deal I did on a Jonsered 2095. Saw passed the comp test (field version- holding by string), and it started on the 3rd pull so I bought it from the guy for $350. He seemed very trustworthy. Told me he had gone thru it and replaced the seals etc and was perfect. Hell, the guy was driving a Volvo and had kids in the back seat. Got it to Randy and he calls me with bad news. Had to order a bunch of special order Jonsered parts and all of a sudden I had $1000 in a saw that realistically was worth $500- $600 ported. I was bitter about that for a long time and have never lived it down with my wife... who absolutely hates my facination with saws now. I apologize for jumping the gun on you. Many have been burned by guys coming in and listing saws and then disappearing and never posting again. When I saw the thread gone- I assumed the worst. So in front of all my friends and members here, I am sorry I cast a bad light on you and brought this to the open forum, and I hope you can forgive me.

Regards,
Steven
Nice post.

Well that's mighty generous, much more than necessary. Im quite sure it will work, as I did have it installed on a running 44 rancher for a short time. :rock:But you never know with these things. It is and HDA 120 and I remember taking it off a 262xp. This was before I was into saws and the saw was complete but roached parts saw. It wasnt mine but If I knew what I know now :eek:. If it its needs a rebuilt kit or something let me know and I will refund the money. Randy, video documentation will be necessary :chop:

I agree. There are no decent videos of 254s online. Hell Ive never even seen one in person. We will need a video. A classic saw with a "cult" following (from what Ive read) that can put a spanking on many a modern saw.

Roger,

Regards,
Steven

Well said..

**** happens some times. We can't all be perfect, all the time. We can only try and right our wrongs.

Your a good man Steven, and your story with the 2095 is about the same as the 395xp you now own. I have much more into that saw, but it was something I couldn't look at anymore. Every time I looked at it, I thought about Tyrell.... Argh..!!

i am the seller of the husqvarna saws that were listed on this site in february-i have collected husky saws over the last 20 years,some purchased new,some from individuals.i have about 40 saws that i run at least once a month.although i do perform minor maintenance on them(change plugs,sprockets,carb adjustments,etc.) i have never broken a saw down to replace piston/cylinder/bearings because i do not have that level of mechanical ability.all of the saws that i originally posted were either bought new by myself or purchased from individuals that stated/claimed they were all original(oem).i trusted what was said and externally visually inspected them-i did not tear them down to look at internals,etc.i did not misrepresent the saws.the reason that i removed the post concerns the following-i had a 3120xp listed that i had purchased from an individual-it sold and when the buyer received it after breaking it down he called me saying that the piston was not oem.i gladly refunded his money and even paid for his return shipping,when i received it back i decided to purchase an oem piston/cylinder and replace it since everything else was oem,the shop i took it to for the work called me and told me the carb had been taken apart-i had to purchase a new oem carb;after this episode i decided to remove the saws for sale, the only problems i am aware of regarding the saws i sold were the 3120xp(gave a full refund) and the 254/262 that mastermind contacted me about(i paid for two new pistons)-in contrast to this please review the post that bryan snelling wrote about the 288xp he bought from me-totally pleased AFTER he broke it down claiming it was almost new.i sincerely apologize for any issues-i have tried to correct any problems as best i can.i still do have a lot of saws that i would be interesed in selling if anybody is interested(154,242,246,254,261,61,262,268,272,288,3120,2100cd,2101xp,etc.) i hope that this explanation clarifies any questions
Hey Roger I sent you a message via start a conversation.

There's no talking me out of my Rogers 254xpg, I run it side by side with my muffler modded 346xpg and love the thing.

Latest posts

Back