Who hides there saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice... I have a little mill on my Emco V10P... and two bridgeports in 1000 pieces all over my garage and barn. Maybe by spring I'll have one running. All depends on whether I want learn how to scrape the ways... and if I do, maybe by summer.

Now you get to buy R8 tooling... I've spent a lot more on tooling than mills... and still collecting...

Last edited:
back on topic

My wife was noticing and making comments on my growing saw collection.. so I fooled her and started picking up a few new long guns.. Now she has no idea where I will be spending cash next.
I do not hide em.. I just usually leave em over in the pole barn on the trailer. or on the floor.. Just no need to trip over em here.. I just bring em home when the chains need touched up on the grinder.

+1

Hidin' crap from wives is childish. If she is hidin' stuff from you as well... then you both got problems.

Main reason I got divorced... ex-wife was "hidin'" stuff from me. Mainly an affair...

Not worth it... good luck... y'all are gonna need it.:popcorn:

Gary

Hey Gary I agree with you on that one.
A relationship is a partnership. Both need to know what is going on. It only makes sense that if someone is hiding small stuff, what kind of big stuff are they hiding from you.
The Hubby and I work together on trees and do a lot of hobbies together. It is a good combo for us.:clap:

My wife gave up on chasing my $, she doesn't ask but I don't lie. But then again, I am pretty responsible with our money, we're broke sometimes but the lights always work and the kids always eat.:cheers:

Oh yea, I forgot. I told her once that when it comes to the kids motocrossing, I will lie cheat and steal. But then again, I guess its not a lie if I told her the truth up front.

Last edited:
I hide my saws everytime an Echo comes around. I sure would hate for them to learn bad habits :givebeer: :givebeer:

How many hide there new purchases like chainsaws, guns or whatever from there wife. Then when she finds it say o ya Ive had that for a long time.:dizzy:

Not!, she usually pays for them, or at least she knows about them - no hidden saws here!

...but she wasn't too happy when I bought a Stihl, some years ago.....

Last edited:
Hey Gary I agree with you on that one.
A relationship is a partnership. Both need to know what is going on. It only makes sense that if someone is hiding small stuff, what kind of big stuff are they hiding from you.
The Hubby and I work together on trees and do a lot of hobbies together. It is a good combo for us.:clap:

They are a very heart warming couple together.:heart: :blush:

Last edited:
My wife has ESP or something when it comes to my bigger purchases. So I am pretty leery of hiding buying something big, as if she finds out later it is worse.

Though as someone pointed out earliers, once you have enough saws then they don't notice one more of the same color.

You heretic!! There is no such thing as "enough saws" although the official definition of it is "one more saw than I have".

Harry K

Back in 02 I had a 00 KTM EXC that I traded for a new SX.One day the wife walks by it in the basement and says "is that the same bike you had?"to which I replied-"different graphics kit"which,technically in my mind,it was.That worked ok until my bro in law stopped in one day and said"How's the new bike?"D'oh:(

I remember a Patrick McManus story from years ago called "Gun running past your wife"(too funny if you can find it)His theory was that women don't notice how many guns you have on the rack but rather how many empty spaces.The way the story goes,when they got married he had a four gun rack with three guns on it.As he bought more he simply expanded his rack so as to always have one empty space.After 20 years of marriage one day his wife says"I must be getting old and slowing down.When we first got married I could dust your gun rack in 30 seconds.To do it now takes me more than half an hour":hmm3grin2orange:

After three kids through good universities, heavy equipment, high end stereo, cameras, and numerous commercial BBQ's, "saws are cheap". In the last few months the disease has caused me to pick up three more saws.

Four of us went to look at the $25 024. It ended up costing $150 by the time diner was over. They welcomed the new saw to the family with a trip to their favorite resturant. The Mac 1-86 just kinda showed up. The MS 260 was out of the bag when I went to San Francisco to pick it up and called my daughter to go to diner. When I got the MS 200T my wife saw it and said "What did you get that little thing for"!!! The 084 was a shoe in because my brother needed the money.

Back in 02 I had a 00 KTM EXC that I traded for a new SX.One day the wife walks by it in the basement and says "is that the same bike you had?"to which I replied-"different graphics kit"which,technically in my mind,it was.That worked ok until my bro in law stopped in one day and said"How's the new bike?"D'oh:(

I remember a Patrick McManus story from years ago called "Gun running past your wife"(too funny if you can find it)His theory was that women don't notice how many guns you have on the rack but rather how many empty spaces.The way the story goes,when they got married he had a four gun rack with three guns on it.As he bought more he simply expanded his rack so as to always have one empty space.After 20 years of marriage one day his wife says"I must be getting old and slowing down.When we first got married I could dust your gun rack in 30 seconds.To do it now takes me more than half an hour":hmm3grin2orange:

Love reading patrick McManus stories.

Back