Who insures tree service companies?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponderosatree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm shopping my policy around. Besides The Hartford who will insure a tree service company? Seems like a lot of the big names out their don't cover tree service.

Same here, I got: the tool coverage, more coverage on the liability, unowned vehicle coverage and my agent got a E&O clause written in.

You might want to check if the E&O is in your policy, I think it is general tree trimmers, not just through my agent.

E & O ?
I have my coverage with Erie but my wife's sister wants to look at my policy and see if she cannot get me a better deal.

I just tried that link and it brought up the place my wife's sister works at! Thanks, looks like I will hafta "crutch" on over there and check things out.

Last edited:
E & O ?
I have my coverage with Erie but my wife's sister wants to look at my policy and see if she cannot get me a better deal.

I just tried that link and it brought up the place my wife's sister works at! Thanks, looks like I will hafta "crutch" on over there and check things out.

Errors and Omissions? Would that be more for consultation?

Errors is important in case you ever remove the wrong tree.

Dont do that.....lol.....seen it once never did it but seen it once...o maybe twice the second time it was a DEAD pine on the neighbors yard boss though he was doing a favor. yea yea Get that E&O it worked out for him had to replace the dead pine with a nice living one!!

:givebeer:

Errors and Omissions? Would that be more for consultation?

Or if you prune a tree and do not bring up a defect that leads to failure later in life. I've heard of people suing for defect related failure in trees that were not worked on.

E&O assure representation coverage in court

Or if you prune a tree and do not bring up a defect that leads to failure later in life. I've heard of people suing for defect related failure in trees that were not worked on.

E&O assure representation coverage in court

I will have to check in on that. Thanks for the tip.

I talked to my agent about rental equipment the other day. They will write at around $250/1000 for an annual policy; but if I only do it occasionally they will do it on a monthly basis, they will write it for the period of rental.

The best part was that if it was for only a few days e g 250/365=$0.69 so 3 days is $2.07; not worth doing the paperwork. So they will send the rental company a cert to cover me and collect only if I do it an appreciable number of times in the policy year.

I talked to my agent about rental equipment the other day. They will write at around $250/1000 for an annual policy; but if I only do it occasionally they will do it on a monthly basis, they will write it for the period of rental.

The best part was that if it was for only a few days e g 250/365=$0.69 so 3 days is $2.07; not worth doing the paperwork. So they will send the rental company a cert to cover me and collect only if I do it an appreciable number of times in the policy year.

I was quoted $1000 for a $35,000 policy (annual) on rental equipment. If I pick up some recent bids, I will be needing a 50' tow behind and a 12" chipper for a couple of days at a time (possibly a skid steer in the mix)

I was quoted $1000 for a $35,000 policy (annual) on rental equipment. If I pick up some recent bids, I will be needing a 50' tow behind and a 12" chipper for a couple of days at a time (possibly a skid steer in the mix)

is that 35,000, or 350,000? 1/35 sounds very high; and $35K would not replace a big chipper.

is that 35,000, or 350,000? 1/35 sounds very high; and $35K would not replace a big chipper.

What was your ratio? $250 per $1000 of coverage? or am I misunderstanding?

Hmmm... That may have been a quote from something else I was checking into. I will have to look in my files and see exactly what the $1000 was for.

Using a tree service to keep trees around a home or landscape healthy and attractive is of much larger benefit than most people think. In addition to aesthetic value, healthy, attractive trees on a property can increase overall property values by as much as 25%! However, there are precautions a homeowner should take when hiring a tree trimming service for tree removal or expert arborist services.

Tree Service
Even healthy trees are susceptible to injury and disease caused by construction damage. Just moving machinery or a high volume of foot traffic near trees can cause tree damage, or even kill the tree. Digging in surrounding areas can cause serious tree root damage.

By consulting with a certified arborist before undertaking a construction or renovation project, such mishaps can be minimized or avoided altogether.

Latest posts

Back