Who Locks Their Saws Up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cackers/pikeys, with new trucks and a trail of ripped off pensioners and burglaries stretched out behind. Scum

My cousin, who had just moved back to my town, was living in the Lorne/Colac area west of Melbourne for several years. He was working for the rural fire brigade and then for the forestry department.

He told me that there were some scummy types following the council bloke around who does the tree removal assessments in that area. Small council so it's easy to do cus it's always the same fella. Anyway they would rock up to a house 20-30 mins after the assessment bloke had left and spin the same story. "We were working just around the corner and we got a call that the tree that the council just assessed at this address is a high priority tree, we can do the job right now but as it is an emergency we had to leave our other job. We will charge $ XXXX but we can do it right now for your safety and piece of mind."

If you were an elderly person who had contacted the council because you were concerned about the tree in the first place, what would you say? They left behind a trail of half finished jobs, property damage and many ripped off clients. Many cases they left a reasonably healthy tree in a sorry and dangerous state. Other cases i heard they would take the money then hack away at a few easy to reach branches, tell the owner the tree was now "safer" and that they would be back first thing in the morning to do the rest. Guess what, they never showed.

Scum does not even get close to an appropriate description.

Yup, the ones with the Chicom generators and pressure washers.

About that.....

Actually, we've been using the gas powered air compressor allot. I took one if the generator's to my place and have been using it a ton. They both have been working great..

We ended up selling the rest of the equipment and got our money back.

Oddly enough we heard the guy was back trying to peddle his stuff, but never stopped by us....

Sometimes on the weekends I'll leave my garage door open while going in and out through out the day and every time I go in I glance over at my saws and think, wow it will take less than a minute to grab one or a couple and even when I'm not around during the day someone can break in and grab them. Although there isn't much crime where I live the low lives still come around and we have the occasional break in, usually quick hit and runs so I locked them up, most thieves are lazy opportunist and would not work if they had to.
View attachment 372689

The saw on the right looks familiar if I'm not mistaken!, I don't lock my saws up, I don't lock anything. I try not to make any enemies or give people a reason to mess with me. I like to sell some saws local, and I try to keep my 20+ saws spread out in different buildings to not make it look so obvious that I have a better selection than most local stihl dealers.

The word is getting out that I have a big saw collection, I'm trying to reduce numbers and not advertise too much that I have them, but I'm probably cruisin for a bruisin.

The saw on the right looks familiar if I'm not mistaken!, I don't lock my saws up, I don't lock anything. I try not to make any enemies or give people a reason to mess with me. I like to sell some saws local, and I try to keep my 20+ saws spread out in different buildings to not make it look so obvious that I have a better selection than most local stihl dealers.

The word is getting out that I have a big saw collection, I'm trying to reduce numbers and not advertise too much that I have them, but I'm probably cruisin for a bruisin.

Crooks don't need a reason to mess with you. It sounds as if you've been lucky............so far.

Don't go cruisin for a bruisin..........change your ways before you end up regretting it. ;)

hahaha! That's too slick! Every boy *needs* a castle!

This is the castle in silhouette. Took the photo this morning here in Waterford, Ireland:

157779745.YY5IyVoZ.jpg

Back