Who made this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I predict Cliff will be along with the information and pics. of an expertly restored example.

297033d1369495424-dsc_0169_zps55944449-jpg

For some time now, I wondered if the lite blue was the original paint on this Wards/Remington.

attachment.php

Other than the color and the rust, it looks like my Mono built Montgomery Wards WD60. Tecumseh/Power Products AH58 engine. 7/16" pitch chain. Tillotson HC carb (which takes DG-5HL and RK-88HL kits). Mine has a 25" RN bar and is painted gold.

Thanks for the info. I've been working on getting all the...nasty....off of it. Other than the deteriorated air filter, it appears to be all there. I figure if nothing else it should be an interesting wall hanger. Mud daubers had completely filled the "muffler" and exhaust port. The plug appears brand new. Chain is rusted solid, and the cylinder will have to be cleaned out before trying to turn it over. I guess it was worth the $7.50 I paid for it.

Tinkered with this one a little today since the poulan 2 man still isn't cooperating. I thought that the rusted solid chain was keeping this one from turning, but that wasn't the case. After I pried the chain off the bar, it still wouldn't turn. I decided to work on the chain, so I sprayed it down with a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF. I worked the chain by hand for an hour or so and except for 9-10 links that are still being stubborn, it moves like new again.

Anyway, I pulled the recoil assembly and found the flywheel jammed against the housing by dirt dauber nests. I cleaned those out and she spins freely. The piston and cylinder look good. The only real problem I found was that the lower ring appears to be stuck in the groove. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think the ring gaps should be in line either and they are. No big deal I guess, it's all going to come apart for new bearings/seals/gaskets/paint anyway.

I'll have to get the stuck ring free before checking compression. 90-100 seems terribly low.

That figure means something like 800% inflation, which is a gross understatement.

Inflation has long been understated.
It started being willfully and aggressively understated under LBJ.
If LBJ didn't like an economic number, he'd make the economists guess again until they came up with one he thought was "right".

IF there were more honesty in inflation statistics, Social Security checks would be 3/4 larger and Social Security would already be bankrupt.

Latest posts

Back