who needs help for storm work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
who's going after Gustav? and the 3 storms behind it?
I would like to conect with anyone I have worked with, or anyone who needs a highly skilled and competent, stormchasing climber.

dave
757 784 4574

Last edited:
nah, I gots morals. I never gouge.

and I takedown trees all the little boys yell crane job at.:hmm3grin2orange:

'Babe' and I are ready to go:

2008-06-03007.jpg

Gustav

Hi,

Thought I would jump in on this. I was in the small engine business in the 80's and 90's and since 95 I have been in the tree business.

I always thought that a person could chase one of these storms doing only chain sharpening and new chain sales.

Is there a need for such a service or is there enough local service to handle it?

Echoman

I think I see a set up along the side of the road for chain everywhere we go. I would imagine the person makes good money selling and sharpening. I know if you do a good job it would keep us from having to do our own.

Sharpen

Thanks PTS,

Yea, the emphasis on "doing a good job" is true. In my opinion, as many chains are ruined in sharpening as there are sharpened well (using a machine).

I was fortunate to have some old mechs teach me how to read a chain and use a stone in a way that did not change the temper.

I may make it to southeast Texas if the storm goes that way. I have some good old friends I would like to see.

Thanks again
echoman

I'm down here in Beaumont waiting to see what is going to happen. My fiance and I are going to stick put for the storm. I just took down the pecan tree that was a danger to the house this morning. Any one who come down this way and needs an extra groundsman give me a holler. I have my 262 and 385 both waiting to go.

I'm down here in Beaumont waiting to see what is going to happen. My fiance and I are going to stick put for the storm. I just took down the pecan tree that was a danger to the house this morning. Any one who come down this way and needs an extra groundsman give me a holler. I have my 262 and 385 both waiting to go.

Man,

You all be careful ok? If I make it down, I dont intend to do any removal, just sharpening and selling.

I guess I am about 700 miles away out here in Odessa and I will wait for any flooding to go down. If I make it, I'll catch you on this site.

Good luck,
echoman

Hi guys and gals, I hope our boss does not send a crew for this event. We sent a crew after Katrina and there is a lot to consider. The stuff you need and the way you are paid. I will elaborate more if this is something you want me to.
Jeff

I'm rolling out with a friend and his crew by wednesday, we are taking a bucket truck, 2 bobcats with grapples, and a lot of gear. we will land somewhere and then think about a crane.

we will be looking for contract work, and I will run an advertising blitz.
I am looking to make contact with climbers who know the areas we will be in, and might want to pick up some skilled help.

should know more after landfall, about target area. haven't been to texas yet...........................

robert, call me!
dave
757 784 4574

Im in north Texas and ready with a bucket, bobcat with grapple and a dump trailer. Im real curious on where its gonna hit. I liked the beaumont area when rita hit but i think its gonna go more towards lousiana

Man,

You all be careful ok? If I make it down, I dont intend to do any removal, just sharpening and selling.

I guess I am about 700 miles away out here in Odessa and I will wait for any flooding to go down. If I make it, I'll catch you on this site.

Good luck,
echoman

Ha Odessa big spring and sweetwater, I trimmed the power there in
96 no trees unless your in town! I thought while I was there sure would be
easy work for a tree service I could reach every tree with my 60' bucket
and here that is first limb! I did see a lot of rattlers!:jawdrop:

Hi guys and gals, I hope our boss does not send a crew for this event. We sent a crew after Katrina and there is a lot to consider. The stuff you need and the way you are paid. I will elaborate more if this is something you want me to.
Jeff

Go for it. I'd like to know the ins and outs of how you get paid, as I'm in Austin and have considered a trip to NO after the storm. As I see it, there is no way home owners are there to pay for removals, so you must have to sub out to large companies that have city/county contracts. I would imagine that finding work after a storm is easy, getting paid, not so.

water tanks for weight. Fill to cross scale dump them along with load. If you wanted to get real dirty about it.

Do you have to have out of state liscence?

I guess with smaller jobs, if possible try and get paid cash...???

should an insurence company have a problem paying an out of state company?

Latest posts

Back