Who owns a Gransfors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and ordered one of these today, got the large splitting axe and would like some feed back.
View attachment 417615
I've got two Gransfors bruks axes. The big splitter and the small splitter. Great axes. Before I had my first Gransfors I thought that an axe is an axe... Little did I know. But after five years of manual splitting 7 cubic meters per year I stepped up the game a little. And now even the missus likes to help.
95e6f12ad09985b6deb3f441bab7f6e0.jpg

Mine just arrived yesterday. Will try and get pics up asap. Been crappy here but should be able to swing it some tomorrow.

Mine was back ordered since Jan 26th and just arrived. Long wait for this guy.

Really you'd buy one to enjoy the craftsmanship. Much like people who own $300+ slip joint pocket knives...
aaargg, who makes those? Mine is a $15 pawn shop old timer folder. I'd like to see one of the high end ones.

I've got the same GB and the X25 , I like how the GB feels but the X25 is a better splitter from what I've found for the stuff I've split , cost wise , I got mine at 50% off because it was a customer return so I don't regret the purchase and I do grab it first because of the hickory handle but the Fiskars head parts the wood better .
If I had paid retail ......
YMMV

I do not own one , but my wife and I are proud owners of two. Very special tools. We do not use them much with hydraulic and eclectric splitters getting most of the action, but they are some of the best tools made.

aaargg, who makes those? Mine is a $15 pawn shop old timer folder. I'd like to see one of the high end ones.

Check out Great Eastern Cutlery, NorthField UN-X-LD. I carry an old yellow case mini trapper.

I was splitting wood a couple months ago and my dog ran into my gransfors. It's razor friggin sharp.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428457886.186566.jpg

Both. Internal stitches plus staples. Truck had blood all over inside. Of course she had to shake right before we got to the vet. Tough ol blue heeler didn't even make a noise. Sorry for the derail

Latest posts

Back