Who sells the most Chainsaws...and why???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Market share, options for all users/ appeal to all facets of the retail market, and attractive price points to the consumer. Couple this with the multiple retail location options (online, box stores, hardware stores, brand specific dealers), and your sales are enormous.

Thanks, man. That nails something down. How do you relate all that to Stihl? Or Electrolux? Can an individual in chainsaw sales capitalize on it? What's the most important to the serious end user?

Husky claims to be number one in sales and market share world wide according to their 2011 annual report.

On the other hand so does Stihl but, being a privately held company I haven't been able to find any of their numbers to back up either claim.

Who knows if that's true but, I'm pretty sure the people on this forum are the world's largest buyers and traders of used chainsaws.
I know for sure they own more saws than all the world's combined peoples living above the treeline.

Now go back to work and get a life.

Husky claims to be number one in sales and market share world wide according to their 2011 annual report.

On the other hand so does Stihl but, being a privately held company I haven't been able to find any of their numbers to back up either claim.

Who knows if that's true but, I'm pretty sure the people on this forum are the world's largest buyers and traders of used chainsaws.
I know for sure they own more saws than all the world's combined peoples living above the treeline.

Now go back to work and get a life.

Thanks for taking time outta your busy day.

Even if we had good accurate stats on Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, etc., I wonder if they would surpass China's internal and African market for their clone saws.

I sold a stihl 240 or sumthing or another last year, that's one more than my hillbilly neighbor sold.
I didn't have to advertise it, 'cause it's a "stihl"
and most folks around here have bought into the sophisticated stealership network proliferation equating "best saw"..

Of course I was able to see thru that rues and recognized it for what it was, a cheap saw with a small gauge chain and sent it rite down the road!!!:jester:

Stihl, lot of dealers and because their friend's has one so that is what people buy. :popcorn:

Stihl sells more saws then any other brand. Not saying they are the best, just stating the facts.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWrfoeCZn9w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:msp_rolleyes:

This is a common theme with almost all large companies in competitive product markets. Each company will say theirs is the best selling and can sway the statistics in their favor. Real actual numbers are kept as a trade secret and will never be released to the public. So to answer your question- nobody knows for sure.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yWrfoeCZn9w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

who the heck is that moron,, i laughed all the way through it,,, someone needs to let him run a 90cc saw if he thinks that is a power house,, i am not saying there is anything wrong with the 290,, its a good saw but he thinks it is the best of the best

This guy better slow down, he's liable to end with hemorrhoids on his tonsils talkin' that much crap. Nice choice of PPE, I guess that bucket hat didn't prevent brain damage after all.

Oh, and thanks Rob, I now have a screaming headache.

who the heck is that moron,, i laughed all the way through it,,, someone needs to let him run a 90cc saw if he thinks that is a power house,, i am not saying there is anything wrong with the 290,, its a good saw but he thinks it is the best of the best

That's ST :msp_biggrin:

Haaaa just saying remind me of the old wife who woul'dn shut up. event when u all ready gone to work, and still talking to her self about her new blender:dizzy::givebeer::ices_rofl: BTW is scare of bugs at 20 second in the video, just like a women. haa that was a bug.

Gotta say Stihl,just cause theres an 029 or 290 in the back of every truck you see.

Latest posts

Back