who uses a hookeroon

• Thread starter Deleted member 135597
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 135597

I bought a logrite hookeroon from baileys. Makes life sooooo much easier for me. Not sure how I got along without it. I like using it to get the rounds I can't reach out of the bed of my pickup instead of having to climb up into the bed to get them.

I bought a logrite hookeroon from baileys. Makes life sooooo much easier for me. Not sure how I got along without it. I like using it to get the rounds I can't reach out of the bed of my pickup instead of having to climb up into the bed to get them.
I now have two Logrite 30" hookeroons. Great tools when picking up splits/small rounds...a back saver no doubt. Someone posted in another thread I believe, making one about 6-8 ft long...could stand at the tailgate like you're doing and never have to climb in the bed to retrieve splits or small rounds. Pretty nifty idea. I'll try to find the thread and pass on to ya. There were pics as well if I remember correctly.

I've been eyeballing this tool right here.
I drag a lot of brush, still am and will be for a while, from the ice storm from february, and this looks ideal for both uses.

I now have two Logrite 30" hookeroons. Great tools when picking up splits/small rounds...a back saver no doubt. Someone posted in another thread I believe, making one about 6-8 ft long...could stand at the tailgate like you're doing and never have to climb in the bed to retrieve splits or small rounds. Pretty nifty idea. I'll try to find the thread and pass on to ya. There were pics as well if I remember correctly.

T'was me. Here it is:

006-12.jpg

004.jpg

Closet pole, compression fitting from the plumbing shop and a section of 1/2" all thread. That little "hook" on the end of the spike really digs in - don't even have to jab with it, just reach out and pull.

Harry K

T'was me. Here it is:

006-12.jpg

004.jpg

Closet pole, compression fitting from the plumbing shop and a section of 1/2" all thread. That little "hook" on the end of the spike really digs in - don't even have to jab with it, just reach out and pull.

Harry K
very cool! Thanks

T'was me. Here it is:

006-12.jpg

004.jpg

Harry K

That truck bed has great "character" HAHAHAHA

That truck bed has great "character" HAHAHAHA

You don't know the half of it!! I bought that used for $4,000 with 150K on it. Right out of the paint shed. Looked like a new truck on a showroom floor.. I have beat the piss out of it, had to replace the tailgate it was so dished in I couldn't close it anymore, loadned it to a buddy who returned it with a big dent, digns, dents galore and the paint where it didn't fail (one of those 1989 models that had bad factory paint). In short it looks like I got it out of some farmers fence row. Mechanically sound though.

Harry K

been using my hookeroon (Baileys) for many years...don't leave home to cut wood w/o it.
that Skidderoon looks pretty cool. but, as an old groundie we just bundled the brush into our arms, lifted up the group of ends onto a shoulder and dragged the pile out...no tools.

Yeah, I'm a bit dubious about it. Looks rather time consuming to gather a bundle and 'rope' it.

Harry K

I have never heard of or have seen a hookeroon until I found this thread. I made a 36" one at work and all I can say is THANK YOU! This tool is awesome and saves my back. Thank you arborist site and a bigger thanks to the OP.
that thing mean looking! Nice job

Back