Who's Got The Best Lawn Mower/Tractor On AS?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 4510, let me add that A/C, tinted windows and a 400 watt stereo system is the way to go(factory system was weak) I also added a gel pillow for added comfort on big jobs.

The only thing I don't like about mine is the headroom. I use it to move logs and I have to take off my logging hardhat when I'm getting in and out. I think it was designed for someone under 6' tall. Also, the seat is terrible, the angle makes you feel like your gonna slide forward all the time. I need to get in there one day and figure out how to install my leather office chair in there...lol

I was loading bucked rounds into my dump trailer one day, and it started raining so hard I had to turn on my flood lights. Usually my day is over when that happens, but I was able to keep working in the rain for hours. And to think I used to have to roll them up a ramp into the trailer BY HAND!!! I pick up 3 or 4 at a time and drop them into the trailer now.

I don't mess around with paying bankers to mow my lawn.

PB051916_small.jpg

Still using the snow plow for work in my swim pond mucking it out...hopefully this weekend I can be done with that and switch to lawnmowing mode :)

Best Tractor

1971 Gravely 816 slightly modified. Blow all your entries 2 little bitty pieces. Ugly as me (the old dirtiest dawg) but runs sweet as a nut. & works harder than a coal miner with a hand drill. So BE It! Sayum LoneSome PoleKat,... Kimosabi

Best Tractor

Didn't know you meant loader tractors, 1966 Massey Ferguson 50 hp gas with loader & 15' 4 stick hoe. Again ugly as me & twice as strong as SuperMan, "Woodie" My good strong right arm. 4 sale cause I'm movin. Sellin everything, great little machine shop & tools old vinyl, turntables, tools, need 2 travel light from now on, no more toys 4 me. I feel bad about it don't u? Thanks L.P.

I'm with luckydozen and Walt....... mowing with the A/C on is the way to go. No dust, pollen, bees, ticks....... and your beer stays cold longer.

SeatTime002.jpg

It has also done alot more than mow over the years.....

B3030005-1.jpg

BH80X002.jpg

SnowblowingDecember007.jpg

SugarMaple005.jpg

SugarMaple004.jpg

You guys have some nice tractors and they work great for mowing bigger open area's...

But, they don't work well at all for me. They don't turn short enough, are waaay to high up to mow under my tree's and with all the turning they are waaaaay too slow... I do use a tractor on my rotary cutter though, where i only want/need that rough of a cut...

I also use tractors for most of my logging too,

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

SR

I still say my wife and she uses the push mower no less! Haven't put the deck on the wheelhorse in years :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Here's my "fleet" until i get the older one sold! lol

standard.jpg

A guy i know came by yesterday and mowed a little with it, you couldn't have pryed the grin off his face with a crowbar!

I expect he will be back with a pile of hundreds and a trailor S :) :) N !

DM

Mom uses a XP495 diesel JD with 62" deck
Another older JD 165? 38" gas burner for trim/rough work

I just picked up a 02 Kubota BX2200 that will not engage the mid shaft. Lots of grinding noise. But its diesel, 4wd, has the ROP bar, and 60" deck :)))

Sister has a JD 110 resto project and a JD H

Pop has a JD 2130. Gets bushhog duty, skidder duty, plow, etc etc

Ive got a IH 454 gasser that has a stuck piston :/ Rusted fast. Has a FEL to go on it when ever I get it going. Also a Farmall H that was great grandpaws.

Grandpaws 820JD sittin in the driveway with sickle mower. Has air in the fuel lines and is being a pain. Uses more oil than gas.

Dixie Chopper Excalibur 3374

33HP 74" Deck They claim the "Worlds Fastest Lawn Mower" :msp_rolleyes:

It does o.k....:hmm3grin2orange:

Mine ain't the best, but it servers me well. My L2800 Kubota and a 6 ft Bushhog finishing mower. What I really like about this setup, is it can handle a boom pole, harrow, rotary mower, seeder, drag logs, plus a number of other jobs around here. I love it.

Latest posts

Back