Who's in Maine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Star ?

Hey Mr. Moderator, whazzup with the yellow star ? Did I do something good ?

Tourist has bout had it with answers he's gettin from the Mainer he's asked bunch a ?'s to while stopped at the side of the road and says...
"You know, you're not too far removed from a fool."
and Mainer replies "ayah, just the shouldah of the road."

Count me in and whatevah I can do to help out with this idea. Day away from fahm chores sounds delightful.

Also all youse peeps from away, b happy to try and answer any ?'s u have bout travel or whatever.

Tourist has bout had it with answers he's gettin from the Mainer he's asked bunch a ?'s to while stopped at the side of the road and says...
"You know, you're not too far removed from a fool."
and Mainer replies "ayah, just the shouldah of the road."
Count me in and whatevah I can do to help out with this idea. Day away from fahm chores sounds delightful.
Also all youse peeps from away, b happy to try and answer any ?'s u have bout travel or whatever.

Calling Mr. Moderator, Calling Mr. Moderator. Please cease and desist from these crusty and worn Maine jokes. They are the P__o of humor. ( BTW: can we a have somewhere in a sticky, the forbidden words ? I did not know that ####O was one of them. Sorry. )

And besides Shepardman , Boothbay is south of the MA/NH line.....you are not Maine. You have boutiques, and galleries, and crap knicknacks to be peddled to the unworthy visitors that shop in that den of souvenieiurz.

Don't get me started!

Jack,

Most of them from the Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, and Kentucky regions. :)

Lead (that reminds me of LeadBelly. Great musician)

Probably the BEST story teller of all the greats. I think "Bourgeois Blues" is one of the top 5 blues songs, ever. And, "Please, Governor Neff, Be good 'n' kind" is without peer as to its story and the influence the song had on a life.

The Greats:

T-Bone Walker
Elmore James
John Lee Hooker
Albert King
Gary Davis
Lightnin' Hopkins
Furry Lewis
Otis Spann
Tampa Red
Fred McDowell
Bobby Bland
Howlin' Wolf
John Estes
Sonny Boy Williamson I
Rice Miller - Sonny Boy Williamson II
Pinetree Perkins
Robert Johnson
Gatemouth Brown
Muddy Waters
Robert Nighthawk
Son Thomas
Johnny Shines
RL Burnside
Jerry Ricks
Little Walter
Robert Lockwood
Blind Willie Johnson
Wynonna Carr
Memphis Slim
Buddy Guy
Albert Collins
Son House
Bukka White
Freddie King

And the newer Greats:

Alvin Youngblood Hart
Corey Harris
Eric Clapton - Derek and the Dominoes - Yardbirds - Cream
Stones
Rory Block
Charlie Musslwhite
Taj Mahal
Savoy Brown
Johnny Winter
Canned Heat
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Geroge Thorogood
Fabulous Thinderbirds
Robert Cray

I thought I'd just mention a few to see if we have any others in common.

Beefsteak when I'm hungry,
And whisky when I die,
Good lookin' women whilst I'm livin',
And heaven when I die,

Joat

So, are you Maineites going to have lobster at your GTG? I hope that you don't pay the same prices :cry: that I see down Texas way. Miniature lobsters are popular here.

Thanks...

to Logbutcher.....for comin ovah an spending a couple bucks. You appeared
not unworthy atall! Although perhaps the $$ could have been better spent
toward a geography adult ed class.
LOL take care guy c ya at the gtg
Fran

Spring is kind of tough for me as it is the busiest time of year. There's still time in the fall though. Heck, I'd come up tomorrow. Plus, I could burn up my "Bean Bucks" from Exmark in Freeport on the way up.

Spring is kind of tough for me as it is the busiest time of year. There's still time in the fall though. Heck, I'd come up tomorrow. Plus, I could burn up my "Bean Bucks" from Exmark in Freeport on the way up.

I have a case (okay, several cases) of beer in the fridge waiting for you. Come on up!

Time of year?

When would be the best time of year for this GTG? I was thinking late spring or early summer, maybe in May sometime? If that doesn't work, would summer be better or next fall?

If some of the local Mainah's want to get together before that for an afternoon of beer and chainsaws I would be up for that too.

The location? I have suggested the studmill area, but Logbutcher has also offered his woodlot in Bucksport, and Gunnar has offered to cookout at his place in Milford. Is there anyone else that has an idea where to have it?

I'd be in for sure and and am only an hour or so away from PB. I would even be interested in hosting but it's even further for most. Here's a few more pix from my "hood"
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back