Why aren't

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really guys. We used to have folks like Art Martin and Gypo who posted some good filing pictures and others who talked theory. Those were some interesting posts.

Because either you know how, or you grind. And there are so many informative videos on youtube that it leaves little to ask:monkey:

I can tell I am going to need to run to the beer store tonight!

I'm still a rookie here and I thought filing chains would be a simple task ... not!!! I screwed up a nice chain on my MS 200T :( Need some more tips here, I don't think I had the proper angles set up on my jig?

Tino :)

Only one chain thats not to bad. I think I screwed up a half a dozen before I caught onto filing chains. Still not an expert but they cut straight and are usually pretty sharp. I could never do the jigs. I go free hand. I was reading a thread on here awhile back that really made sense about sharpening someone said to sharpen your chain as soon as you could feel it cutting different. It is much easier to sharpen a slightly dull chain versus a really dull one. :greenchainsaw:

Only one chain thats not to bad. I think I screwed up a half a dozen before I caught onto filing chains. Still not an expert but they cut straight and are usually pretty sharp. I could never do the jigs. I go free hand. I was reading a thread on here awhile back that really made sense about sharpening someone said to sharpen your chain as soon as you could feel it cutting different. It is much easier to sharpen a slightly dull chain versus a really dull one. :greenchainsaw:

I'm going to try the free hand method next time around. In the meantime I order 3 chains from Bailey's.

T :)

Back